Large Differences in Scores by Section Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
jrthor10

Bronze

Large Differences in Scores by Section

Post by jrthor10 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:42 pm

I already posted this in the LSAT Prep forum, but I am hoping someone can temporarily assuage my feelings from my lsat experience yesterday. Struggled with 2 of the 4 LG's yesterday, but all other sections felt great. I was PT'ing in the low 170s and still think this is possible, though less likely, even if I didn't do well on LG. Can anyone who has taken the test and gotten scores back report a similar experience? Or hoping the same result as me and had a different experience? I'm basically hoping to hear that there are at least some people who bombed a specific section but still managed to get out with a 170+ score.

Thanks

AntipodeanPhil

Silver

Re: Large Differences in Scores by Section

Post by AntipodeanPhil » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:35 pm

I struggled on two of the four LGs on the June test. The first LG was unusually easy and I spent too long on it, thinking I must have missed something. That left me with too little time for the third and fourth games - the hard ones. I rushed through the last two questions of LG 3, and had to guess the last two questions on LG 4 (well, one was a semi-guess - I ruled out two answers).

In the end, I guessed one of the two right on LG 4 and only lost 1 point on LG 3. My final score was only 1 point below my PT average, which I was immensely pleased with.

Ginj

Silver

Post by Ginj » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:37 pm

AntipodeanPhil wrote:I struggled on two of the four LGs on the June test. The first LG was unusually easy and I spent too long on it, thinking I must have missed something. That left me with too little time for the third and fourth games - the hard ones. I rushed through the last two questions of LG 3, and had to guess the last two questions on LG 4 (well, one was a semi-guess - I ruled out two answers).

In the end, I guessed one of the two right on LG 4 and only lost 1 point on LG 3. My final score was only 1 point below my PT average, which I was immensely pleased with.
Despite those damn desks. :P

AntipodeanPhil

Silver

Post by AntipodeanPhil » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:51 pm

Ginj wrote:Despite those damn desks. :P
Yeah, lol. Although, after scrabblechamp posted the picture of the room I started practicing on a tiny desk. I was actually in a better position than I was used to during the test, since the proctors let us use two of the tiny desks each.

I hope the conditions for your October test were at least a little more tolerable.

Ginj

Silver

Post by Ginj » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:56 pm

AntipodeanPhil wrote:
Ginj wrote:Despite those damn desks. :P
Yeah, lol. Although, after scrabblechamp posted the picture of the room I started practicing on a tiny desk. I was actually in a better position than I was used to during the test, since the proctors let us use two of the tiny desks each.

I hope the conditions for your October test were at least a little more tolerable.
My desk was massive. I could have laid across it comfortably. I was pleased.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”