2nd/3rd year law courses while still an undergrad...

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
shoulinpandas

2nd/3rd year law courses while still an undergrad...

Postby shoulinpandas » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:30 pm

:D
Last edited by shoulinpandas on Sun May 20, 2012 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rinkrat19

Re: 2nd/3rd year law courses while still an undergrad...

Postby rinkrat19 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:33 pm

Any miniscule advantage gained by the LOR or law class experience is completely overshadowed by the risk in lowering your GPA and/or negatively impacting your LSAT studying.

shoulinpandas

Postby shoulinpandas » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:35 pm

Last edited by shoulinpandas on Sun May 20, 2012 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shoulinpandas

Postby shoulinpandas » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:50 am

Last edited by shoulinpandas on Sun May 20, 2012 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:45 am

shoulinpandas wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:Any miniscule advantage gained by the LOR or law class experience is completely overshadowed by the risk in lowering your GPA and/or negatively impacting your LSAT studying.

update 4.0ed plus LOR great exp at a T20

still lsatin

Could you please type in something closer to recognizable English? It's like trying to decode texts from a middle school girl.

And don't say you can't because you're on your phone; so am I.

ColtsFan88

Postby ColtsFan88 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:00 pm

It could be helpful in the sense that you would get a taste of the law school experience before shelling out tons of money for it.

bp shinners

Postby bp shinners » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:31 pm

ColtsFan88 wrote:It could be helpful in the sense that you would get a taste of the law school experience before shelling out tons of money for it.

That heavily depends on the course. I took several 2L/3L courses that would give a completely skewed view of the law school experience.

HellOnHeels

Postby HellOnHeels » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:47 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:
shoulinpandas wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:Any miniscule advantage gained by the LOR or law class experience is completely overshadowed by the risk in lowering your GPA and/or negatively impacting your LSAT studying.

still lsatin

Could you please type in something closer to recognizable English? It's like trying to decode texts from a middle school girl.

I might be able to translate!
"Update on my situation. I took the law class, and received a 4.0. I connected well with the prof, and they're going to write me a LOR. It was a great experience at a T20 school, and I'm glad I did it. However, I am still studying for the LSAT'.

Please allow some leeway in my translation, it does not account for different internet and bro dialects.

lsatcrazy

Postby lsatcrazy » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:53 pm

stephinmd wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:
shoulinpandas wrote:

still lsatin

I might be able to translate!
"Update on my situation. I took the law class, and received a 4.0. I connected well with the prof, and they're going to write me a LOR. It was a great experience at a T20 school, and I'm glad I did it. However, I am still studying for the LSAT'.

Please allow some leeway in my translation, it does not account for different internet and bro dialects.

lol

jrsbaseball5

Postby jrsbaseball5 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:20 pm

shoulinpandas wrote:so im preppin for 12/3 LSAT low 160s. LSAC GPA 3.62. i have the opp to take a 2nd/3rd year law class at my 1st choice. from it i may gain a letter of rec but run the risk of possibly lowering GPA... my option is to take a reg UG course with and easy chance at a 4.0... Will the 2L/3L help my admissions? Any one with this experience? Is it worth the risk? it will also take from my lsat prep... Hmmm? suggestions please

I had the opportunity to take a 2L class as well as an undergrad and had this grand notion that if I did well it would somehow make me more appealing to law schools, especially those in the T14 range. However, I am now starting to think that it really won't have too big of an effect besides providing a decent LofR. Fortunately, I was able to get an A+ which actually helped me GPA, but if your worried about hurting yourself I wouldn't risk it. If you aren't convinced on law school yet I would recommend it to see what its like, or if your not worried about getting a B then go for it as well. All the admissions people from my undergrad told us that pretty much every student who takes it as an undergrad gets a B. Also, it will be a big time commitment because of the amount of reading so that might hurt your LSAT prep. Good luck!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”