Personal Connections vs. Late App

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
blk418

Personal Connections vs. Late App

Postby blk418 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:49 pm

Hey guys,

This place has been great in the past for advice so I was going to see your particular thoughts on my situation. So I've been studying for about 3 months and have really just started to grasp concepts; my timing blows and I still am not performing that well but I know I can improve a lot. Anyways, I feel no where near ready nor am I scoring in the range I want to for my top choices. I am signed up to take the LSAT Saturday and I am most likely just going to take it and if I feel like shit after (most likely the case) I'll cancel my score. I know I can do well in December, but I am so worried about a late app. I already took a year off from school, granted I now have awesome work experience that will add a lot to my application, but I really don't think I can go another year. At two of my top choices I have very very good connections. Two of the people my family knows are on the board at both of the schools, and another used to teach at my top choice. With all this considered, do you think these connections can make up for such a late application? Please don't take this as I am relying on these people to get me in, because I have been working my ass off and plan on doing so until December and would rather get in on my own. But with these factors considered how much of an overall difference can I expect?

Thanks!

blk418

Re: Personal Connections vs. Late App

Postby blk418 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:33 am

Anyone... thoughts at all??

stillwater

Postby stillwater » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:53 am

Retake.

blk418

Postby blk418 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:38 pm

I was just wondering what difference it would make with a late application that was worthless

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”