Rutgers - Newark Requires Eval?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
mrtoren

Rutgers - Newark Requires Eval?

Postby mrtoren » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:00 pm

Has anyone seen the requirement for an evaluation by Rutgers - Newark? Yeah, you need letters and evaluations. What the hell is that all about? No other school I have applied to has required anything even as remotely absurd as this. I don't have the time or the desire to mess around with LSAC's newest gimmick. They probably lost my application and fee.

Is this becoming the new norm?

AntipodeanPhil

Re: Rutgers - Newark Requires Eval?

Postby AntipodeanPhil » Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:14 pm

I think this is some kind of mix up.

On the LSAC website, if you click on the button to assign LORs and evaluations for Rutgers Newark, it states:

“The school requires 1 LORs and 1 Evaluations and it also requires 1 additional documents which can be either LORs or Evaluations”

But the instructions section of Rutgers states:

"Only one recommendation or evaluation is required to complete your application."

I'm guessing Rutgers made a mistake setting up their application.

AntipodeanPhil

Postby AntipodeanPhil » Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:16 pm

What is bizarre about the Rutgers app, though, is that you can't pay through LSAC. You have to pay through a third party site, and then mail Rutgers printouts proving you have paid the fee and completed the LSAC application.

mrtoren

Postby mrtoren » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:54 am

I know when I visited, admissions was complaining about the volume of applications they had to sort through. It looks like they're solving that problem. Could you submit without the eval? Or will that hold up the application?

mrtoren

Postby mrtoren » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:11 pm

This thing has to be the single most horrific abomination of a law school application as I've ever seen. You can't pay through LSAC, but you can pay through their online payment service. But the fun doesn't stop there. You have to print the confirmation email and mail it to them. With a certification letter. What the hell is a certification letter and how do I get it?

#MajorHeadache

king3780

Postby king3780 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:29 pm

If the application is kicking your ass, maybe you ought to re-evaluate your life goals.

mrtoren

Postby mrtoren » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:32 pm

king3780 wrote:If the application is kicking your ass, maybe you ought to re-evaluate your life goals.

I appreciate the advice. Bro.

mrtoren

Postby mrtoren » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:26 am

Rutgers will be pulling the mistaken evaluation requirement shortly. Certification letters are found under the 'forms' tab on the application.

Case resolved.

neeko

Postby neeko » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:04 pm

mrtoren wrote:Rutgers will be pulling the mistaken evaluation requirement shortly. Certification letters are found under the 'forms' tab on the application.

Case resolved.

I'm glad I saw this. Camden needed the certification too and I already sent in my payment without it. Fml.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”