Question re "Early Decision"

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
anthony55

Question re "Early Decision"

Postby anthony55 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:26 pm

Hello all,

I intend to apply to Penn law school ED this cycle. However, I am also applying to Masters programs, as I am not yet sure which degree I want to pursue (please don't criticize this decision in your response).

Anyway my question is -- if I were admitted to law school ED, does the "you must withdraw all applications + can't attend any other school" policy apply only to law schools? Or would acceptance under law school ED bar me from attending a school's Masters program?

Thx for your help!

law4vus

Re: Question re "Early Decision"

Postby law4vus » Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:38 pm

If you ED to the law program, you're bound to the law program. I'd imagine if you still wanted to do a Masters at Temple or wherever, you could.

anthony55

Postby anthony55 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:18 pm

Well I mean a situation in which you wouldn't be able to get a masters simultaneously (i.e. a university not in Philly). Basically like, could breaking the ED agreement (if accepted) lead to the university affecting one's non-law school applications (masters program apps) at other schools?

Tiago Splitter

Postby Tiago Splitter » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:28 pm

anthony55 wrote:Well I mean a situation in which you wouldn't be able to get a masters simultaneously (i.e. a university not in Philly). Basically like, could breaking the ED agreement (if accepted) lead to the university affecting one's non-law school applications (masters program apps) at other schools?

No. The ED contracts state that you must withdraw applications to all other law schools if accepted.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”