LOR Discrepancy between LSAC and Application Status Checker Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
RonnyDworkin

Bronze

LOR Discrepancy between LSAC and Application Status Checker

Post by RonnyDworkin » Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:09 pm

Anyone having this same issue?

I have 3 LORs, and they all came in at different times. I had already submitted my application for several schools by the time LSAC processed my third LOR. It's been a couple of weeks now and I'm noticing however that for some schools, the LSAC report status page notes that only 1 or 2 (and not all 3) of my LORS have been sent.

While some schools' status checker page has two LORs while others have three LORs. (Some schools like Michigan and NYU haven't even sent out their status checker log-in, so who knows what they have for me.)

Anyone notice this kind of discrepancy between LSAC and different schools. I understand that schools request your CAS and report at different time intervals. According to the LSAC report status page, however, the discrepancy exists even for recent reports that have been updated and sent to all schools. (For instance, the LSAC page indicates that all 3 of my LORS have been sent to Chicago, but the Chicago app status checker only lists 2. Been like this for awhile now.)

Trying really hard to not be OCD here. :-) Just wondering if this is something that will work itself out, or if I should contact the schools in a couple of weeks.

chrisbru

Gold

Re: LOR Discrepancy between LSAC and Application Status Checker

Post by chrisbru » Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:11 pm

RonnyDworkin wrote:Anyone having this same issue?

I have 3 LORs, and they all came in at different times. I had already submitted my application for several schools by the time LSAC processed my third LOR. It's been a couple of weeks now and I'm noticing however that for some schools, the LSAC report status page notes that only 1 or 2 (and not all 3) of my LORS have been sent.

While some schools' status checker page has two LORs while others have three LORs. (Some schools like Michigan and NYU haven't even sent out their status checker log-in, so who knows what they have for me.)

Anyone notice this kind of discrepancy between LSAC and different schools. I understand that schools request your CAS and report at different time intervals. According to the LSAC report status page, however, the discrepancy exists even for recent reports that have been updated and sent to all schools. (For instance, the LSAC page indicates that all 3 of my LORS have been sent to Chicago, but the Chicago app status checker only lists 2. Been like this for awhile now.)

Trying really hard to not be OCD here. :-) Just wondering if this is something that will work itself out, or if I should contact the schools in a couple of weeks.

Yup, it happened to me as well. Just relax, and give it a few weeks to catch up. If it doesn't reconcile in a couple weeks, email the school's admissions office to inquire if you need to ask LSAC to resend anything.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”