Interestin Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
KnowledgeIsTheAnswer

New

Interestin

Post by KnowledgeIsTheAnswer » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:56 pm

interesting resume question
Last edited by KnowledgeIsTheAnswer on Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Opie

Silver

Re: Interesting Resume Question: does this count as as work?

Post by Opie » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:59 pm

Were any of these films shown at a film festival? Purchased by a film company? Shown anywhere?

That's what is going to make the difference. If the films didn't produce any money or recognition, then it's a hobby. You could still list it as a hobby though.

edit: A good friend of mine was a film major and listed some of his better works on his resume. But he won some awards at minor fests, FWIW. He's a 1L now.

KnowledgeIsTheAnswer

New

Post by KnowledgeIsTheAnswer » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:02 pm

Opie wrote:Were any of these films shown at a film festival? Purchased by a film company? Shown anywhere?

That's what is going to make the difference. If the films didn't produce any money or recognition, then it's a hobby. You could still list it as a hobby though.
I have struggled to get a company deal..up to this point I've only sold a few of my films to small companies...local mostly..I am thinking of starting my own website and advertise my projects there and make it available to others to do the same...would that help?

SisterRayVU

Bronze

Post by SisterRayVU » Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:18 am

Freelance film maker. Include films you've sold and who too as points underneath.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”