What is the earliest date law schools make a decision? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
aclaw55

New

What is the earliest date law schools make a decision?

Post by aclaw55 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:37 am

I plan on re-taking in December but I am tempted to apply early to a few safety schools with my LSAT score now just to be extremely early in the cycle. If you apply early is it possible to hear back from a law school before 2012? Just curious what the average earliest acceptance notification was? Thanks

chem

Silver

Re: What is the earliest date law schools make a decision?

Post by chem » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:41 am

aclaw55 wrote:I plan on re-taking in December but I am tempted to apply early to a few safety schools with my LSAT score now just to be extremely early in the cycle. If you apply early is it possible to hear back from a law school before 2012? Just curious what the average earliest acceptance notification was? Thanks
Rough Guide

http://www.top-law-schools.com/decision-dates.html

Gold

Post by 03121202698008 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:42 am

aclaw55 wrote:I plan on re-taking in December but I am tempted to apply early to a few safety schools with my LSAT score now just to be extremely early in the cycle. If you apply early is it possible to hear back from a law school before 2012? Just curious what the average earliest acceptance notification was? Thanks
I applied in Nov and got my first acceptance Christmas Eve. Some people had heard a few weeks before then.

Gold

Post by 094320 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:44 am

chem

Silver

Post by chem » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:45 am

acrossthelake wrote:Duke has accepted people already. HLS starts before Thanksgiving. NYU starts in early Dec.
Doubt any of those are his safeties

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

MumofCad

Silver

Post by MumofCad » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:17 am

I think she meant UVA, not Duke. Though I do think Duke is going to start admitting in the next few days since there are files under review through PT (no one has posted an actual admittance to the thread yet nor do I see it on LSN, but there could be other places I'm not aware of so she might be right about Duke too).

Tiago Splitter

Diamond

Post by Tiago Splitter » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:02 pm

Both Duke and UVA will be admitting people very early as always.

Vandy and Michigan are some of the rare ones who consistently get decisions out in November.

If you have a December LSAT listed on your app though, don't expect anything until that score comes in.

Gold

Post by 094320 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:25 pm

MumofCad

Silver

Post by MumofCad » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:09 pm

acrossthelake wrote:
MumofCad wrote:I think she meant UVA, not Duke. Though I do think Duke is going to start admitting in the next few days since there are files under review through PT (no one has posted an actual admittance to the thread yet nor do I see it on LSN, but there could be other places I'm not aware of so she might be right about Duke too).
Ah I think I assumed they had by now since I had heard back from Duke by around Sept 8th last year. Oops, my mistake. Also, while not safeties, he asked for the average earliest acceptance, so that would include other schools.
I know! I'm jealous of you guys. Duke is a tad slower this year it seems :cry:

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

caminante

Bronze

Post by caminante » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:33 am

chem wrote:
Rough Guide

This guide scares me... About 60 applicants were accepted to Harvard at the very beginning of November? Yikes! Maybe waiting until October to take the LSAT was a bigger mistake than I realized.

The consensus seems to be that applying around the first of November is still relatively early. Yet, I see that will have missed the first (and largest!) group of Harvard admits.
Last edited by caminante on Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hawkeye Pierce

Silver

Post by Hawkeye Pierce » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:35 am

caminante wrote:
chem wrote:
Rough Guide

This guide scares me... About 60 applicants were accepted to Harvard at the very beginning of November? Yikes! Maybe waiting until October to that the LSAT was a bigger mistake than I realized.

The consensus seems to be that applying around the first of November is still relatively early. Yet, I see that will have missed the first (and largest!) group of Harvard admits.
The graphs are a little difficult to read. The first group is generally accepted right before Thanksgiving. Last year, the latest application that yielded a pre-Thanksgiving acceptance was roughly Nov 1.

caminante

Bronze

Post by caminante » Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:23 pm

Hawkeye Pierce wrote: The graphs are a little difficult to read. The first group is generally accepted right before Thanksgiving. Last year, the latest application that yielded a pre-Thanksgiving acceptance was roughly Nov 1.
Ahh, good to know. If I send in my app as soon as I get my score I still might have a slight chance :)

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”