Withdraw on Transcript

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
billharford

Withdraw on Transcript

Postby billharford » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:46 pm

I am inquiring about details regarding how LSAC treats "withdraw" when considering GPA calculations. Their policy states, under grades excluded from consideration, "Withdraw, Withdraw/Pass—only if the issuing school considers the grade nonpunitive." My question is regarding the non-punitive bit. Would punitive in this context refer to an adverse impact on a students GPA as calculated by the University? Or would it be something less concrete, like some sort of designation by the University, via some notation or footnote, that the withdraw is considered punitive? If the latter, what form would this designation take and how would LSAC consider this in their calculation?

I ask this because I may have the option of retroactively changing some failed grades to withdraws on my transcript. (For legitimate reasons)

Nicholasnickynic

Re: Withdraw on Transcript

Postby Nicholasnickynic » Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:11 pm

punitive means hurt your gpa.

I would withdraw classes you failed--> That way law schools see withdraws not F's.

Actually I wouldn't apply to law school. If you failed multiple classes the only schools that will take you just want to take your money and give you a worthless piece of paper.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”