GW Law Fair

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
colforbin

GW Law Fair

Postby colforbin » Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:15 pm

Anyone planning to go? There's a law fair today from 2-7 and I am interested in fee waivers. I think most "fairs" are usually pointless, but it's worth stopping by if schools are handing out fee waivers. I'd love to hear a report to see if it's worth trying to leave work early.

Thanks

caminante

Re: GW Law Fair

Postby caminante » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:52 pm

I was wondering the same thing. Do schools normally give out fee waivers even if you haven't taken the LSAT yet?

colforbin

Postby colforbin » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:03 pm

5 o'clock bump

@caminante - when I was in undergrad I went to a very small law school fair and some schools (ND, WUSTL, maybe others) had small "busniess card" fee waivers they basically gave out to anyone, regardless of LSAT/GPA.

Not sure if it's the same deal at such a big fair.

ringo

Postby ringo » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:21 pm

Probably too late to be helpful, but I went this afternoon and UVA was the only school I talked to that had fee waiver cards visible. I spoke to half of the T14, plus GW, and no one else mentioned a waiver at all.

colforbin

Postby colforbin » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:28 pm

ringo wrote:Probably too late to be helpful, but I went this afternoon and UVA was the only school I talked to that had fee waiver cards visible. I spoke to half of the T14, plus GW, and no one else mentioned a waiver at all.

This is very helpful. Looks like I'm going to stop by.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”