"Extracurricular Activities" section under "Employment"

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Real Madrid

"Extracurricular Activities" section under "Employment"

Postby Real Madrid » Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:13 am

Do we have to fill this section out? I listed a few of my extracurriculars on my resume, and it doesn't show this section as being mandatory.

Also, I guess I'm just being super paranoid about C&F, but I'm afraid if I omit stuff it could be bad? I had the same question about employment. I know they're probably just trying to police major stuff, but I'm kind of worried about messing up any information or omitting anything at all because I don't want it to come back and bite me in the butt.

:oops:

thederangedwang

Re: "Extracurricular Activities" section under "Employment"

Postby thederangedwang » Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:30 am

Usually yes, but it should be the same info that is already listed on ur resume...meaning this section, as well as any section, should match with ur resume...if u go into more detail its fine as well, but just make sure there is no major discrepancy between this section and ur resume (ie dates for stuff dont match up or descriptions are contradictory)

Real Madrid

Postby Real Madrid » Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:31 pm

So what if there's something we omitted from our resume that's an extracurricular activity (like because we were trying to shorten it), but we include it on the form?

I had a similar question for employment. I worked at a restaurant for like 2-3 months freshman year and I don't include that on my resume, but I did include it under the employment section. Is that a big deal?

MumofCad

Postby MumofCad » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:41 am

Real Madrid wrote:So what if there's something we omitted from our resume that's an extracurricular activity (like because we were trying to shorten it), but we include it on the form?

I had a similar question for employment. I worked at a restaurant for like 2-3 months freshman year and I don't include that on my resume, but I did include it under the employment section. Is that a big deal?

I don't think it matters really. I did the same.

As for C&F, as long as you're being honest in both places, then I don't think it matters what-so-ever. But I don't know for sure. I have no real knowledge of C&F, but I highly doubt it is that concerned with the dates for your participation in Campus Beautification Day.

thederangedwang

Postby thederangedwang » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:51 am

Real Madrid wrote:So what if there's something we omitted from our resume that's an extracurricular activity (like because we were trying to shorten it), but we include it on the form?

thats fine...and thats what i did...i had a few part time jobs i couldnt put on my resume so i listed it in the employment/ec section.....

acrossthelake

Postby acrossthelake » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:42 pm

A resume isn't meant to be exhaustive. I left out clubs I only did for one year or jobs that I only did for a semester because it doesn't care and it wouldn't really fit next to the stuff I did for a long time. Nobody is going to care if you leave something out of your resume.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”