Just out of curiosity

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
avemundi

Just out of curiosity

Postby avemundi » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:42 pm

I know schools send fee waivers to people whose numbers suggest they probably wouldn't get in.
But what does it mean when you don't get a fee waiver, although you're roughly at their median, and got waivers from peer schools? Is it a giant 'we don't want you so don't even bother?'?

admisionquestion

Re: Just out of curiosity

Postby admisionquestion » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:45 pm

Yes it is. And ive heard rumors that they will share their list of people who didnt get the hint with peer schools at parties.

Bildungsroman

Postby Bildungsroman » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:45 pm

avemundi wrote:I know schools send fee waivers to people whose numbers suggest they probably wouldn't get in.
But what does it mean when you don't get a fee waiver, although you're roughly at their median, and got waivers from peer schools? Is it a giant 'we don't want you so don't even bother?'?

Getting or not getting a fee waiver doesn't mean jack shit. Seriously. My fee waivers did not correspond in any discernible way with my results last cycle.

avemundi

Postby avemundi » Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:01 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:
avemundi wrote:I know schools send fee waivers to people whose numbers suggest they probably wouldn't get in.

Getting or not getting a fee waiver doesn't mean jack shit. Seriously. My fee waivers did not correspond in any discernible way with my results last cycle.

I see. Not getting one still messes with your head though, I guess :D

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”