Retroactive Withdrawals

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
cogitoergosum

Retroactive Withdrawals

Postby cogitoergosum » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:07 pm

I am one of those people with low gpa from years ago dragging down my LSDAS GPA. I just saw something on the forum about retroactive withdrawals, asking the school to give you a nonpunitive W for a course you failed. Has anyone done this successfully? Also - the transcript from this school has already been processed. If I were able to get a nonpunitive retroactive withdrawal, would LSAC re-process the transcript for calculating my gpa?

Bildungsroman

Re: Retroactive Withdrawals

Postby Bildungsroman » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:14 pm

You're not getting a retroactive withdrawal. No reputable school will grant one unless the circumstances really warrant it (e.g. administrative mix-up on their part didn't properly process a withdrawal at the time). TLS is extremely unrealistic about people's chances of getting a retroactive withdrawal, and no school that deserves its accreditation will give you one just because you failed a class.

cogitoergosum

Re: Retroactive Withdrawals

Postby cogitoergosum » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:28 pm

Okay, thanks for the info. I'll probably still try because, well why not, but good to have a realistic expectation. I did have a pretty gnarly scenario my last semester, didn't even make it to finals in the two classes I failed, and didn't know/care enough to try to address it then.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”