GPA Addendum HELP HELP HELP

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
jennyrosegong

GPA Addendum HELP HELP HELP

Postby jennyrosegong » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:39 pm

I received a "F" in a class but retook and received an "A-" the next quarter. The reason why I received a failing grade in the first place was because somehow my final paper was lost. I had to turn it in early with a bunch of other students because the final schedule coincided with the commencement ceremony. The class only consisted of two papers (midterm and final--I received an A on the midterm and a big fat 0 on the final..).

I am wondering if I should say something about it? I'm not trying to play the blame game or excuse the grade. Just wondering if anything needs to be said about it or not and I'm really worried about it! Other than that I have a 3.7 GPA from UCLA. Any help would be great!

TLS45

Re: GPA Addendum HELP HELP HELP

Postby TLS45 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:54 pm

yes you better explain why did you get a F? It is highly recommended to do so. It can be short or long; it does not really matter. But one thing, you should remember to explain if you have a good reason. It seems you do and you have high GPA from top-notch school. So you should be fine. Good luck. Make sure you explain it.

941law

Re: GPA Addendum HELP HELP HELP

Postby 941law » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:55 pm

Be very delicate in your write up if you do.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”