I am freaking out about if I don't get the score I want in October. I know I can do it in December, but am reluctant because of the whole applying later in the game debate. My number one school I want to attend without a doubt is Emory, and the reason I need advice is this: I believe that Emory does not even start reviewing applications until late December/ January, and feel if I don't do as well as planned on the LSAT in Oct, I can still always submit my app with the Oct score, have it in somewhat early, and then take it in December with an updated better score and be better off regardless. Since Emory only looks at your highest score, and they don't look at apps (I think) till Dec/ Jan, is my reasoning sound that I would be better off submitting possibly with a lower Oct score early and then having the Dec to update before they review?
Thanks so much for all of your advice this is such a great resource.
(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 1364
- Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:58 am
If you aren't 100% confident that you're ready to take the test in October, don't take it. Even if schools say that they only use the top LSAT score, they're still going to look at the lower LSAT score(s) and if it's too low, it's going to be seen as a hindrance. You want to take the LSAT only when you're sure you'll do your best. I'd suggest that you figure out whether or not you're just nervous about taking the test or if you feel underprepared. If it's the latter then my vote is for you to wait. You don't want to approach the LSAT as if it's just another test that you can redo if you mess up, because the consequences are much more dire. And, with that said two LSAT scores (especially if one is low) will always look worse than applying at the end of December. Additionally, what happens if you mess up in October, try again in December and do worse? Then you're really screwed. The key is to be 100% prepared, feel confident, and just go for it.
Best of luck!
Best of luck!