Flex app question

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
nucky thompson

Flex app question

Postby nucky thompson » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:56 pm

Most of the applications ask to list extracurricular activities and include descriptions of the work done as part of the application. The sections are not marked as being required. Should I still fill out this section if I am submitting a resume? Also, if I am to fill out the box should I just copy what is written in my resume and past into the application, or do I reword my experiences?
Last edited by nucky thompson on Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

minnbills

Re: Flex app question

Postby minnbills » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:59 pm

Curious about this as well. Unless I hear otherwise I'm just going to expound a bit on what's already on my resume.

Tiago Splitter

Postby Tiago Splitter » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:02 pm

I'd use the freeform box to go into detail about what you want law schools to know. Basically, expand on the resume, which should already mention anything you want law schools to know.

Work is basically my only extracirricular at this point, so I gave a brief overview of my job, number of hours, etc.

nucky thompson

Postby nucky thompson » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:57 am

Also, it says to list the activities in order of most important to me.... My major leadership positions/involvement were in organizations but I was also active in a very basic capacity at social works programs. Although the experience is much less impressive, should I still list the volunteer work first?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”