Should I wait for my October LSAT score to be released? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
thelawschoolproject

Silver

Should I wait for my October LSAT score to be released?

Post by thelawschoolproject » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:50 pm

I already have 2 LSAT scores (both of which are pathetic). They are both over two years old and I've been vigorously studying in the hope of receiving a fabulous score in October. So, here's what I need to know: Should I submit my applications before or after I receive my LSAT score?

I'm thinking that if I submit it before, then schools will see the crap scores first and think "oh, automatic reject." But, I'd also rather submit my information sooner rather than later, although the end of October isn't really that late.

Anyway, some helpful advice would be most appreciated.

Thanks!

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Re: Should I wait for my October LSAT score to be released?

Post by Bildungsroman » Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:26 pm

I'd submit it after you get your score back. Most schools will only mark you as "complete" and add you to the queue to be considered once your pending score comes in, so there's no real benefit there to getting your application in before your score comes in. Plus, your score should help determine which schools you apply to, so you don't want to waste money applying to schools that end up being out of reach with a bad score or too low for your unexpectedly good score.

thelawschoolproject

Silver

Post by thelawschoolproject » Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:03 am

mrtoren

Silver

Post by mrtoren » Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:19 pm

The only way to circumvent the latest score was to cancel it. You didn't. So you can submit your apps now, but they won't be considered until the latest score is in.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”