lor description

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
yoiav

lor description

Postby yoiav » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:11 pm

if i am getting a 3rd lor only for schools that ask for 3, what should i put down as the description?

law4vus

Re: lor description

Postby law4vus » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:26 pm

yoiav wrote:if i am getting a 3rd lor only for schools that ask for 3, what should i put down as the description?

It doesn't matter. Put a name that will help YOU remember which letter it is. Schools won't even see it. I just titled mine with the name of the writer.

bport hopeful

Postby bport hopeful » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:56 pm

"LOR 3"

yoiav

Postby yoiav » Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:48 am

law4vus wrote:
yoiav wrote:if i am getting a 3rd lor only for schools that ask for 3, what should i put down as the description?

It doesn't matter. Put a name that will help YOU remember which letter it is. Schools won't even see it. I just titled mine with the name of the writer.

The letter description you enter will be printed on your Letter of Recommendation form. Law schools will receive both your LOR form and the letter, so write your description carefully. Examples: Use "for all law schools" if you want to assign the letter to multiple schools; use "for X law school" if it is intended for one specific school; use "for schools with (health) law programs" if intended for schools with specialized programs.

sounds like the schools do see it

bport hopeful

Postby bport hopeful » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:01 am

yoiav wrote:
law4vus wrote:

The letter description you enter will be printed on your Letter of Recommendation form. Law schools will receive both your LOR form and the letter, so write your description carefully. Examples: Use "for all law schools" if you want to assign the letter to multiple schools; use "for X law school" if it is intended for one specific school; use "for schools with (health) law programs" if intended for schools with specialized programs.

They must of changed this if this is the case. They never used to see it.

BiglawOrBust

Postby BiglawOrBust » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:07 am

bport hopeful wrote:
yoiav wrote:
law4vus wrote:

They must of changed this if this is the case. They never used to see it.

--ImageRemoved--

Must of??

yoiav

Postby yoiav » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:14 am

so i repeat, any thoughts on what to write?

icecold3000

Postby icecold3000 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:10 am

bport hopeful wrote:"LOR 3"

bport hopeful

Postby bport hopeful » Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:50 pm

BiglawOrBust wrote:Some bag of douche statement

See ya never.

BiglawOrBust

Postby BiglawOrBust » Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:16 am

bport hopeful wrote:

The New York Mets are garbage.

+1

Blessedassurance

Postby Blessedassurance » Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:30 am

LSAC FAQ Section wrote:
"The purpose of the description on the letter of recommendation form is to guide you in assigning letters to law schools.

A letter that you plan to send to multiple schools might be called “for all law schools.”
A letter intended for one specific school could be described as “for X law school.”
A letter for schools with certain specialized programs could be described as “for schools with (health) law programs.”

May I suggest "for schools that want 3 LOR's"?

yoiav

Postby yoiav » Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:21 pm

Blessedassurance wrote:
LSAC FAQ Section wrote:
"The purpose of the description on the letter of recommendation form is to guide you in assigning letters to law schools.

A letter that you plan to send to multiple schools might be called “for all law schools.”
A letter intended for one specific school could be described as “for X law school.”
A letter for schools with certain specialized programs could be described as “for schools with (health) law programs.”

i tried that......didnt fit

yoiav

Postby yoiav » Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:22 pm

yoiav wrote:
Blessedassurance wrote:
LSAC FAQ Section wrote:

i tried that......didnt fit

i also didnt want that recommender to think he was bottom of my list

Tiago Splitter

Postby Tiago Splitter » Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:25 pm

LOR--MJordan
LOR--LBird
LOR--MJohnson

This is how they will show up on your page when you choose which ones to assign to where. Just do it this way and it will be easy once LSAC has them all. You are severiously overthinking this.

bport hopeful

Postby bport hopeful » Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:34 pm

BiglawOrBust wrote:
bport hopeful wrote:

The New York Mets are garbage.

+1

You dont even have a tar???

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”