repeating resume

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
yoiav

repeating resume

Postby yoiav » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:14 pm

with regard to the app question of List your extracurricular, community, or other activities in the order of their importance to you. Give a brief description of your involvement, including any special responsibilities or leadership positions held. should i omit anything i put on the resume under activities?

duckmoney

Re: repeating resume

Postby duckmoney » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:20 pm

Doesn't really matter. Just put the most important stuff that you have space for. They'll most likely just pay attention to your resume anyway.

bp shinners

Postby bp shinners » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:33 pm

If you want to go into more detail than on your resume, here's the place to do it. Otherwise, it's not important to hit everything, as they'll ask for a resume. The one caveat is any school that says something along the lines of, "List this information here even if it also appears on your resume."

duckmoney

Postby duckmoney » Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:28 pm

bp shinners wrote:If you want to go into more detail than on your resume, here's the place to do it. Otherwise, it's not important to hit everything, as they'll ask for a resume. The one caveat is any school that says something along the lines of, "List this information here even if it also appears on your resume."

If you're being more detailed here than on your resume, you're doing it wrong. Your law school resume isn't a job resume; it should be as detailed and complete as possible. Mine was 3 pages long and I had multiple adcomms tell me how impressed they were with it.

bp shinners

Postby bp shinners » Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:28 pm

duckmoney wrote:
bp shinners wrote:If you want to go into more detail than on your resume, here's the place to do it. Otherwise, it's not important to hit everything, as they'll ask for a resume. The one caveat is any school that says something along the lines of, "List this information here even if it also appears on your resume."

If you're being more detailed here than on your resume, you're doing it wrong. Your law school resume isn't a job resume; it should be as detailed and complete as possible. Mine was 3 pages long and I had multiple adcomms tell me how impressed they were with it.

Well then you're the exception. I've had multiple adcomms tell me that the vast majority of multi-page resumes they see should have been cut to a single page.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”