.. Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
acappella

New

Post by acappella » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:53 pm

Last edited by acappella on Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bobeo

Bronze

Re: Do I need to disclose a dormitory noise violation?

Post by Bobeo » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:56 pm

I can't speak to whether you should or not, but I did. It will definitely not hurt your chances of admission by putting it on, and it will very, very likely not hurt your C&F evaluation if you leave it off, I would imagine. However, in the interest of minimizing all risk I would put it on. It literally cannot hurt you by putting it on.

Hopefully2012

Bronze

Post by Hopefully2012 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:02 pm

I have a similar dilemma and posted about it last week (mine was a warning via email)... the best TLS advice I was given is to contact your UG dean to see if similar incidents have required his/her certification in the past. I figure that way if it turns out to be a C&F issue, I'll at least have my email to the UG dean and his/her response to support my decision.

acappella

New

Post by acappella » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:16 pm

Thanks for your advice. I'm still somewhat concerned, since my violation was actually written up, as opposed to just being noted in an email. I had to attend a meeting with the graduate student in charge of my residence hall, and he didn't rescind the infraction, so it's still on my "housing record", but not my official record. Furthermore, I (stupidly) already submitted one application, so I'm not sure how they'll react to such a mistake on my already-submitted app *__*

maxpower430

Bronze

Post by maxpower430 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:50 am

A very similar thing happened to me and I had completely forgotten about it even happening until i looked over Uchi's application. The sense I get from TLS is that you should disclose, considering it is such a minor thing that happened a long time ago. I can't imagine it will have any kind of impact on admissions either, and it could in theory affect C&F. Personally, I'm planning on disclosing, but you could always contact some schools and see what they say about it.

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Post by CanadianWolf » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:32 am

Only if the noise was due to the firing of a gun. :shock:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”