Thinking about taking a ridiculously easy course load

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
dba415

Thinking about taking a ridiculously easy course load

Postby dba415 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:08 pm

I'm thinking about taking a ridiculously easy courseload at my uni this fall. Even though I am taking 15 hours, 6 of those would be from a CC, and 6 of the other hours are easy A's that fulfill my degree requirements. I"m only taking one "real" class.

I want to make my GPA as high as possible when I apply to law school, the downside is that in the spring I will have a tough semester, taking 15 hours of "real" classes and from the looks of it will be my hardest semester in terms of classes yet.

My question is say I get all A's this semester and have a solid GPA, but then maybe tank it and get all B's (or worse?) my final semester because of the difficult classes. I'd already be accepted by then anyway right?

So if I don't drastically do terrible in spring (like getting all C's) there is no way that they could rescind right?

kahechsof

Re: Thinking about taking a ridiculously easy course load

Postby kahechsof » Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:09 pm

I like it. But I have no idea

JoeFish

Postby JoeFish » Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:07 pm

After I was accepted to a T25 in march, I just stopped going to a class. Slacked off in all my others. Grades were A-, B, C-, F. Brought my UGPA way down.
When I sent in my transcript.....

Nothing happened. At all. They said, "thanks, we got your transcript!" and I haven't heard anything about it since.
More or less, the only thing they care about is whether or not you get your degree.

JoeFish

Postby JoeFish » Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:09 pm

To clarify: I don't know whether or not there's "no way they could rescind", but I can't imagine anyone would unless you had multiple Fs or didn't get your degree.

mrtoren

Postby mrtoren » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:07 pm

Don't get any D's or F's barring a serious excuse. B's, even C's, are probably fine. There is always the possibility for the school to rescind admission based on you being a complete jack off. Don't put yourself in that situation.

JoeFish

Postby JoeFish » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:52 pm

Yeah, not saying to do what I did, obviously, but just know that if for God-knows-what reason you follow in my footsteps you'll may still be fine.

dba415

Postby dba415 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:41 pm

Yeah I'm not going to slack off, that's just not my style. I might get poor grades purely based on the difficulty of my schedule, but not because I decided to coast early.

I could probably pull all B's next semester with that schedule, but since I'd be in (hopefully) to a good school then it won't matter.

Now, if I don't do as well on the LSATs and don't get into the school I want to, then second semester would suck doubly for me.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”