Is this acceptable?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Opie

Is this acceptable?

Postby Opie » Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:59 pm

Q:

Are you applying, or have you applied, to other law schools? If so, please list these schools below: (maximum characters 500)

A:

I plan to apply to the [T30 school] and any reputable law school in the [region that this school is in] that offers me a fee waiver.

Does that sound terrible?

kahechsof

Re: Is this acceptable?

Postby kahechsof » Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:00 pm

Why don't you just put down the names of a few schools like they want you to.

johansantana21

Postby johansantana21 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:01 pm

kahechsof wrote:Why don't you just put down the names of a few schools like they want you to.

Opie

Postby Opie » Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:03 pm

Because I don't have an LSAT score out there yet and haven't received any fee waivers because of that. So, I'm listing the only school that I am willing to pay an application fee for, and leaving myself open to apply to others. If I get fee waivers by the time I submit this, I will update with those schools.

johansantana21

Postby johansantana21 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:31 pm

Opie wrote:Because I don't have an LSAT score out there yet and haven't received any fee waivers because of that. So, I'm listing the only school that I am willing to pay an application fee for, and leaving myself open to apply to others. If I get fee waivers by the time I submit this, I will update with those schools.

You can just put down which schools you expect to apply to. I put down schools I expected to apply to but never got around to applying to 1-2 of them.

Opie

Postby Opie » Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:41 pm

johansantana21 wrote:
Opie wrote:Because I don't have an LSAT score out there yet and haven't received any fee waivers because of that. So, I'm listing the only school that I am willing to pay an application fee for, and leaving myself open to apply to others. If I get fee waivers by the time I submit this, I will update with those schools.

You can just put down which schools you expect to apply to. I put down schools I expected to apply to but never got around to applying to 1-2 of them.

Great, thanks. I just didn't want to get called out when applying for the bar because I may have applied for schools that I didn't list.

bp shinners

Postby bp shinners » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:41 am

Opie wrote:
johansantana21 wrote:

Great, thanks. I just didn't want to get called out when applying for the bar because I may have applied for schools that I didn't list.

This isn't one of those questions that's going to come back to bite you in the ass during C&F. Answer to the best of your ability at this time, but don't give it a second thought.

northwood

Postby northwood » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:43 am

put down a list of a few schools that you want to apply, or want to go to.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”