How long do LoR take to Process?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
Finalflash013
Posts: 39
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:06 am

How long do LoR take to Process?

Postby Finalflash013 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:21 pm

I'm a bit concerned, my professors told me they would email their letters to LSAC about a week and a half ago, and they still haven't been processed. I called LSAC yesterday and they told me it was against their policy to tell me whether or not they received them before they were processed. Has anyone gotten theirs processed yet this cycle?

thederangedwang
Posts: 1124
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:44 pm

Re: How long do LoR take to Process?

Postby thederangedwang » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:27 pm

relax it should be fine. Mine took about 10 days after my prof said they had sent it

User avatar
icecold3000
Posts: 213
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:50 am

Re: How long do LoR take to Process?

Postby icecold3000 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:28 pm

I did mine about a month ago, and they processed within a week of the professors sending them. But LSAC is probably busier now, so I would't flip out about it quite yet. Give it a few more weeks.

MumofCad
Posts: 974
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:46 pm

Re: How long do LoR take to Process?

Postby MumofCad » Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:06 pm

Emailed them? Is this a typo? I'm pretty sure they can only mail or fax them.

It can take a few days, but just wanted to make sure there wasn't a bigger issue here.

User avatar
Finalflash013
Posts: 39
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:06 am

Re: How long do LoR take to Process?

Postby Finalflash013 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:36 pm

MumofCad wrote:Emailed them? Is this a typo? I'm pretty sure they can only mail or fax them.

It can take a few days, but just wanted to make sure there wasn't a bigger issue here.


Haha, yeah, I meant mail. Thanks though.

coastal112
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:49 pm

Re: How long do LoR take to Process?

Postby coastal112 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:01 am

I'm sure it'll take much longer closer to October, but my professor mailed it in Wednesday and I got my email confirmation from LSAC this morning.

User avatar
Finalflash013
Posts: 39
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:06 am

Re: How long do LoR take to Process?

Postby Finalflash013 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:38 pm

coastal112 wrote:I'm sure it'll take much longer closer to October, but my professor mailed it in Wednesday and I got my email confirmation from LSAC this morning.


Really? Jeez, how close do you live to Pennsylvania?

k.libby
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:59 pm

Re: How long do LoR take to Process?

Postby k.libby » Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:42 pm

My profs sent my LORs within the last couple weeks, and based on my FedEx tracking/LSAC account, all of my LORs were processed within 2 business days of arriving at LSAC. Officially, though, LSAC is quoting a 5-7 business day process time, and they'll bump that up to 15+ business days in October.

User avatar
Finalflash013
Posts: 39
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:06 am

Re: How long do LoR take to Process?

Postby Finalflash013 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:12 pm

Update: I got a LoR processed from one of my professors who sent theirs in about a week ago. However, I have yet to have two sent by professors in mid August processed. I am going to wait a couple more days and then ask them to fax it in.

Can anyone provide me with the number to fax the letters to? Thanks.

User avatar
acrossthelake
Posts: 4432
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 5:27 pm

Re: How long do LoR take to Process?

Postby acrossthelake » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:20 pm

The number for faxing is in the FAQ thread.

Mailing can take a while since they have to actually deal with mail. Faxing is <2 days.

User avatar
ThreeRivers
Posts: 1142
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:54 am

Re: How long do LoR take to Process?

Postby ThreeRivers » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:21 pm

dfajskdfsakjldfakljfadjklakdfsj

All I'm waiting on is last LOR that was sent 6 days ago...

iamrobk
Posts: 485
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:31 pm

Re: How long do LoR take to Process?

Postby iamrobk » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:24 pm

I'm in PA, but my first letter was sent on a Tuesday (I believe) and I got the LSAC email Thursday morning. This was like 5-6 weeks ago though, so maybe it takes longer now.

User avatar
ThreeRivers
Posts: 1142
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:54 am

Re: How long do LoR take to Process?

Postby ThreeRivers » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:34 pm

iamrobk wrote:I'm in PA, but my first letter was sent on a Tuesday (I believe) and I got the LSAC email Thursday morning. This was like 5-6 weeks ago though, so maybe it takes longer now.

I'm in PA also and sent the others around the same time... one came in 7 days later, one came in 2 days later.

maxpower430
Posts: 410
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:16 pm

Re: How long do LoR take to Process?

Postby maxpower430 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:56 pm

one of my letters was faxed and it was processed within a couple of hours (faxed early afternoon, showed up on the website before 5), though the email apparently didn't get sent until the next morning. another letter was mailed in the middle of october and took a couple of days, though i'm not sure how many. hth.

User avatar
ThreeRivers
Posts: 1142
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:54 am

Re: How long do LoR take to Process?

Postby ThreeRivers » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:12 pm

maxpower430 wrote:one of my letters was faxed and it was processed within a couple of hours (faxed early afternoon, showed up on the website before 5), though the email apparently didn't get sent until the next morning. another letter was mailed in the middle of october and took a couple of days, though i'm not sure how many. hth.

Yea, when my prof. asked where it gets mailed to I said it can be mailed to _____ or faxed (And kind of really pushed him to fax it type of little comments)... couple hours later he sent me an -email that it was in the mail.

kneedrag
Posts: 115
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:30 am

Re: How long do LoR take to Process?

Postby kneedrag » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:17 pm

Same thing just happened to me.

Sent one letter early last week, hasn't posted. One was sent Friday and already showed up.

Kind of annoying, will give it a day or so before I call and ask to try and figure out if it was lost. I think it was just mailed w/o any delivery confirmation.

maxpower430
Posts: 410
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:16 pm

Re: How long do LoR take to Process?

Postby maxpower430 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:32 pm

ThreeRivers wrote:
maxpower430 wrote:one of my letters was faxed and it was processed within a couple of hours (faxed early afternoon, showed up on the website before 5), though the email apparently didn't get sent until the next morning. another letter was mailed in the middle of october and took a couple of days, though i'm not sure how many. hth.

Yea, when my prof. asked where it gets mailed to I said it can be mailed to _____ or faxed (And kind of really pushed him to fax it type of little comments)... couple hours later he sent me an -email that it was in the mail.


Ah yea that's a bummer, I asked my last prof nicely to fax it but at least at the moment I'm not sure which route he went. So of course I'm just hitting refresh on the LSAC website haha. But hopefully it won't take too long for them to process it via mail, I don't think there's a lot of rhyme or reason to it, good luck.

User avatar
ThreeRivers
Posts: 1142
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:54 am

Re: How long do LoR take to Process?

Postby ThreeRivers » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:39 am

I called LSAC even though I knew it would solve nothing, but hopefully got some useful advice

The lady said they are currently taking 6-7 business days to process after they arrive

So... since prof. sent it out Tues it would have arrived on Thursday at the latest (I'm in PA)
I guess I'm only at 5 business days.... praying it actually comes in during the 6-7 day period she stated

User avatar
ThreeRivers
Posts: 1142
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:54 am

Re: How long do LoR take to Process?

Postby ThreeRivers » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:29 am

Just came in, about an hour after I called lol




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bcapace, Bing [Bot], dannyswo, Exabot [Bot] and 9 guests