2010 Recommendation Letter

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
instantwonton

2010 Recommendation Letter

Postby instantwonton » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:23 pm

Hello everyone! I had originally applied to part time programs last year and after a lot of research and thinking, I realized that it would be best to go to full time programs at a better school (I know it seems like a no-brainer- but I was brainwashed by the bad economy!) I am going to be using one of the same recommenders that I used last year and she did agree to write for me again. However, I already have a letter from her on the LSAC website. 1. Am I able to submit a different letter from the same recommender? If so, how do I do that? 2. I am sure the letter will probably very similar if not the same as the last letter that she submitted. Would it look bad to use that same letter? Please let me know what you think! Thanks!

descartesb4thehorse

Re: 2010 Recommendation Letter

Postby descartesb4thehorse » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:51 pm

instantwonton wrote:Hello everyone! I had originally applied to part time programs last year and after a lot of research and thinking, I realized that it would be best to go to full time programs at a better school (I know it seems like a no-brainer- but I was brainwashed by the bad economy!) I am going to be using one of the same recommenders that I used last year and she did agree to write for me again. However, I already have a letter from her on the LSAC website. 1. Am I able to submit a different letter from the same recommender? If so, how do I do that? 2. I am sure the letter will probably very similar if not the same as the last letter that she submitted. Would it look bad to use that same letter? Please let me know what you think! Thanks!

Assuming you are applying to new schools, and even if you aren't, I don't see why they'd need a LOR updated from one year to the next. I don't think many schools ask for new ones, I think maybe Penn does, but if you say "I don't have any, just use those", they will.

Would be good to get another from someone else though if you are applying to the same schools, to show what you've been doing in your year off.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”