Yet another LOR Q

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Capitalist

Yet another LOR Q

Postby Capitalist » Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:12 pm

I applied last cycle, and it didn't go as well as I had hoped. My plan is to retake the LSAT and reapply this cycle. One of my recommenders included my October 2010 score in his letter (for what reason, I don't know). When I retake (and hopefully receive a better score), will it give Adcomms pause to see a letter that mentions a score that is different from my most recent test? I hope question isn't too confusing... :?

Thanks.

Bildungsroman

Re: Yet another LOR Q

Postby Bildungsroman » Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:16 pm

Capitalist wrote:I applied last cycle, and it didn't go as well as I had hoped. My plan is to retake the LSAT and reapply this cycle. One of my recommenders included my October 2010 score in his letter (for what reason, I don't know). When I retake (and hopefully receive a better score), will it give Adcomms pause to see a letter that mentions a score that is different from my most recent test? I hope question isn't too confusing... :?

Thanks.

I doubt it, law schools will see your multiple scores and know that people get LORs in early. Although to be safe I'd probably ask him to submit an updated LOR since you have a couple months until you'll have your new LSAT score.

Capitalist

Re: Yet another LOR Q

Postby Capitalist » Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:18 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:
Capitalist wrote:I applied last cycle, and it didn't go as well as I had hoped. My plan is to retake the LSAT and reapply this cycle. One of my recommenders included my October 2010 score in his letter (for what reason, I don't know). When I retake (and hopefully receive a better score), will it give Adcomms pause to see a letter that mentions a score that is different from my most recent test? I hope question isn't too confusing... :?

Thanks.

I doubt it, law schools will see your multiple scores and know that people get LORs in early. Although to be safe I'd probably ask him to submit an updated LOR since you have a couple months until you'll have your new LSAT score.

Thanks for the speedy response, Bildungsroman. That sounds like a good idea to ask him for an updated letter. I'm sure he has it saved somewhere on his computer.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”