......... Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
sammacd25

New

Post by sammacd25 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:16 pm

Last edited by sammacd25 on Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Transferthrowaway

Silver

Re: Law School Interviews? Questions?

Post by Transferthrowaway » Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:23 pm

Ask Emory if they will continue their downward slide.

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:24 pm

Transferthrowaway wrote:Ask Emory if they will continue their downward slide.
:lol:

Dany

Diamond

Post by Dany » Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:07 pm

Ask them things you want to know about the school.

bp shinners

Gold

Post by bp shinners » Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:09 pm

sammacd25 wrote:I am visiting several schools over the next month and have meetings set up with people in the admissions office. I know they are informal meetings, but wondered what kinds of questions are appropriate? All of these schools will be reaches for me - so I don't want to ask questions that would put them off, but at the same time, I really want to make a positive impression. Schools like UVA, WUSTL, Emory, W&L, W&M, Notre Dame, Boston College, Boston University, Vanderbilt, Northwestern, Cornell? Any advice would be appreciated. I of course will do research on each school - but wasn't really sure what questions to ask that would be helpful. I know I do not have the "upper hand" in this "interview" situation.
The more research you do, the better. Ask questions that show interest in specific programs offered by the school, and know how they reflect interests you've demonstrated in your background.

In all honesty, it probably won't help you either way, so it's more important for you to use this time to see if the atmosphere at the school works for you. Don't be afraid to ask the people with whom you talk about the student life at the school. Hit up the dining hall to check out the food, and ask some of the students about their experience. Most of the other information you can get online, or by sending an e-mail to someone at that program expressing interest. Asking about actual student life on campus, however, is hard to do unless you're there and talking to students.

And if you have any questions about BC, shoot me a PM - I did my undergrad there and lived on the law school campus my freshman year.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”