JD/MBA

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
CrimsonRedeemer

JD/MBA

Postby CrimsonRedeemer » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:17 pm

I'm a rising senior and want to pursue a JD/MBA. I was wondering when would be the best time for me to apply. I have almost no work experience in either field (I only held research assistant positions throughout college, albeit they were finance related). Should I apply to just the law school and then try to get into business school after 1L? People say your chances do go up if you are enrolled in another program at the school, but again I will probably still have no work experience before I apply for my MBA. Or should I work for a period of time before applying to both schools at the same time? If so, would 2-3 years be enough or do I need to go for the average 5 years that most business students go through? Thanks!

Grizz

Re: JD/MBA

Postby Grizz » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:20 pm

Just choose one or the other. Yes you should work beforehand. Your MBA will be worthless without work experience, and working before your JD will make you a better person.

ResolutePear

Re: JD/MBA

Postby ResolutePear » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:25 pm

Grizz wrote:Just choose one or the other. Yes you should work beforehand. Your MBA will be worthless without work experience, and working before your JD will make you a better person.

Pft. As if. If you don't get a job with the first work-experienceless MBA, the answer is to enroll into another MBA program and go for your 2nd MBA.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”