What schools can you defer? (Teir 1)

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
lawschool?s

What schools can you defer? (Teir 1)

Postby lawschool?s » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:57 pm

I was contimplating taking a year off to earn some extra money and take a year, but I wanted to apply this cycle and was wondering what schools can I defer for a year if I get accepted? Specifically west coast schools (Seattle, San Fran, LA) and upper east coast (NYC, Boston) will let you defer if you get accepted?

It would also give me the chance to retake the lsat and if I score higher re apply and maybe get into a better school or more money.

Moomoo2u

Re: What schools can you defer? (Teir 1)

Postby Moomoo2u » Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:20 pm

Keep in mind that many/almost all t14 deferrals are BINDING and contingent upon you returning to enroll at that school the next year. Cornell has an "EA" style deferral that's not "technically" binding but they still say you shouldn't apply anywhere else, Georgetown and NYU also definitely have deferrals.

lawschool?s

Re: What schools can you defer? (Teir 1)

Postby lawschool?s » Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:26 pm

Thanks this is what I need to know. I don't even mind binding deferrals, but non-binding would obviously be better. Is there a list anywhere or will TLS have to help me out?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”