Tell me about Fee Waivers... Please.

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
uchi15hopeful
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:55 pm

Tell me about Fee Waivers... Please.

Postby uchi15hopeful » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:23 pm

So, I want to blanket the T14 but I don't want to spend a ton of money on application fees. To get fee waivers, do I just e-mail the schools with my GPA and LSAT, requesting fee waivers?

Also, I have a 3.88 - what kind of LSAT score would I need to get a fee waiver at T14 ('cept for maybe HYS)?

Thanks

User avatar
MrPapagiorgio
Posts: 1747
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:36 am

Re: Tell me about Fee Waivers... Please.

Postby MrPapagiorgio » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:25 pm

1. Rock LSAT
2. Schools Will Send You Fee Waivers
3. ???
4. Profit

uchi15hopeful
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:55 pm

Re: Tell me about Fee Waivers... Please.

Postby uchi15hopeful » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:30 pm

MrPapagiorgio wrote:1. Rock LSAT
2. Schools Will Send You Fee Waivers
3. ???
4. Profit


No matter how much I try to wriggle away from this blinding truth, it is pretty much the answer to every question I've ever posted on TLS.

User avatar
MrPapagiorgio
Posts: 1747
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:36 am

Re: Tell me about Fee Waivers... Please.

Postby MrPapagiorgio » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:37 pm

uchi15hopeful wrote:
MrPapagiorgio wrote:1. Rock LSAT
2. Schools Will Send You Fee Waivers
3. ???
4. Profit


No matter how much I try to wriggle away from this blinding truth, it is pretty much the answer to every question I've ever posted on TLS.

Half true. The other half is retake.
















Retake is the other half.

User avatar
winning
Posts: 87
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:24 am

Re: Tell me about Fee Waivers... Please.

Postby winning » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:59 pm

I'm planning to take the Oct. LSAT and submitting apps right after getting my score. How long do schools take to submit fee waivers after the Oct. LSAT? If I need to request some, how long would I need to wait before I can submit my apps?

User avatar
Moomoo2u
Posts: 349
Joined: Mon May 17, 2010 3:38 am

Re: Tell me about Fee Waivers... Please.

Postby Moomoo2u » Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:14 pm

I took mine in Spain and basically a week or two after I got my score I got fee waivers from a lot of the t14. It's very quick.

uchi15hopeful
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:55 pm

Re: Tell me about Fee Waivers... Please.

Postby uchi15hopeful » Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:35 pm

Moomoo2u wrote:I took mine in Spain and basically a week or two after I got my score I got fee waivers from a lot of the t14. It's very quick.


Did you have to e-mail requests or did the waivers just show up on LSAC.org? Further, where are the waivers on the site? Does it just show up as 'no-fee' when you try to submit an application?

jared6180
Posts: 306
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:47 pm

Re: Tell me about Fee Waivers... Please.

Postby jared6180 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:02 pm

been wondering how this works also.

User avatar
minnbills
Posts: 3153
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:04 pm

Re: Tell me about Fee Waivers... Please.

Postby minnbills » Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:12 am

When you create your LSAC account you can opt to join the candidate referral service. This basically puts you on a list where schools can see what LSAT score-band you're in and this is primarily how people get unsolicited fee waivers.

User avatar
descartesb4thehorse
Posts: 1147
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:03 am

Re: Tell me about Fee Waivers... Please.

Postby descartesb4thehorse » Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:25 am

uchi15hopeful wrote:So, I want to blanket the T14 but I don't want to spend a ton of money on application fees. To get fee waivers, do I just e-mail the schools with my GPA and LSAT, requesting fee waivers?

Also, I have a 3.88 - what kind of LSAT score would I need to get a fee waiver at T14 ('cept for maybe HYS)?

Thanks


Also I think since GPA for CAS is self-reported, your LSAT means more than your GPA in getting a fee waiver.

On the other hand, lots of times they're not very stingy about them. There's a thread here with more information.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BigBear, existentialcrisis, jreeve12, lawlzi, Yahoo [Bot] and 6 guests