Anna Ivey's Law School Admissions Book

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
ngogirl

Anna Ivey's Law School Admissions Book

Postby ngogirl » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:51 am

I'm sorry if a thread on this already exists, if it does please direct me there.

I was at Barnes and Nobles last night and I found some books on the law school admissions process, and I also came across Anna Ivey's book. I have heard a lot of people mention this book, and would like to know from someone who has purchased it, if they found the book helpful in terms of the law schools admissions process, personal statement advice, interviews advice etc.

Please respond because I have the book on hold at the bookstore, and before purchasing it I want to make sure it is a wise decision to do so.

Thanks!!

Samara

Re: Anna Ivey's Law School Admissions Book

Postby Samara » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:08 am

AntipodeanPhil

Postby AntipodeanPhil » Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:14 pm

I found it very helpful. Some of the information is common knowledge here - that law school is largely a numbers game, et cetera - but not all of it. She has some very helpful information about personal statements that isn't commonly mentioned here, and smaller amounts of helpful information about resumes, addendums, and the like.

cinephile

Postby cinephile » Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:43 pm

I thought it was a useful introduction to the application process. But I found it at the library.

Jack Smirks

Postby Jack Smirks » Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:46 pm

You can get all of the information in that book on TLS for free. Save your money.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”