Bashed by a law dean last cycle, help me this cycle please

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
aclaw55

New
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:26 pm

Bashed by a law dean last cycle, help me this cycle please

Postby aclaw55 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:57 am

.
Last edited by aclaw55 on Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Kilpatrick

Silver
Posts: 1061
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:06 am

Re: Bashed by a law dean last cycle, help me this cycle please

Postby Kilpatrick » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:12 am

Your problem is that you only submitted a photograph. If you really want to stand out from the crowd you need to submit a video application. Try to get the "A class political" to make a cameo in it.

User avatar
Bildungsroman

Platinum
Posts: 5529
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:42 pm

Re: Bashed by a law dean last cycle, help me this cycle please

Postby Bildungsroman » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:16 am

aclaw55 wrote:I had submitted photograph of me and an A class political I have worked for while in college with a personal recommendation on it, and the dean called my application arrogant. He said I should have left it at the recommendation from the office and did not need to submit photograph even if politican personally wrote recommendation on the photograph.

First, learn to English. Second, you submitted a letter of recommendation that was written on a photograph?

User avatar
cinephile

Gold
Posts: 3464
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:50 pm

Re: Bashed by a law dean last cycle, help me this cycle please

Postby cinephile » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:18 am

aclaw55 wrote: Besides the numbers what is it exactly, that these deans want to see? Thank you for your help.


The numbers should be enough to do it. And apparently, humility. But in all seriousness, just stick with the regular sort of LOR.

User avatar
vanwinkle

Platinum
Posts: 8954
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:02 am

Re: Bashed by a law dean last cycle, help me this cycle please

Postby vanwinkle » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:19 am

Bildungsroman wrote:First, learn to English.

This is so wrong, but I lol'd.

03121202698008

Gold
Posts: 2992
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:07 am

Re: Bashed by a law dean last cycle, help me this cycle please

Postby 03121202698008 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:20 am

Why on earth would you submit a photograph?

I call flame. No dean would actually take the time to tell someone that. They'd just deny it.
Last edited by 03121202698008 on Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

d34d9823

Gold
Posts: 1879
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:52 pm

Re: Bashed by a law dean last cycle, help me this cycle please

Postby d34d9823 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:20 am

Bildungsroman wrote:
aclaw55 wrote:I had submitted photograph of me and an A class political I have worked for while in college with a personal recommendation on it, and the dean called my application arrogant. He said I should have left it at the recommendation from the office and did not need to submit photograph even if politican personally wrote recommendation on the photograph.

First, learn to English. Second, you submitted a letter of recommendation that was written on a photograph?

It's so much funnier when you put it this way. :lol:

User avatar
Jack Smirks

Silver
Posts: 1330
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 5:35 am

Re: Bashed by a law dean last cycle, help me this cycle please

Postby Jack Smirks » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:23 am

Which dean called you arrogant? Why haven't you told the A class political that you work for to take care of it?

aclaw55

New
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:26 pm

Re: Bashed by a law dean last cycle, help me this cycle please

Postby aclaw55 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:25 am

.
Last edited by aclaw55 on Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

aclaw55

New
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:26 pm

Re: Bashed by a law dean last cycle, help me this cycle please

Postby aclaw55 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:26 am

.
Last edited by aclaw55 on Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

03121202698008

Gold
Posts: 2992
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:07 am

Re: Bashed by a law dean last cycle, help me this cycle please

Postby 03121202698008 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:27 am

aclaw55 wrote:
blowhard wrote:Why on earth would you submit a photograph?

I call flame. No dean would actually take the time to tell someone that. They'd just deny it.



Actually they did take the time out because I had asked what I could have done differently to gain admission. I will not say who but he was very furious I did not leave it at the office recommendation. I thought a personal one from a politican would have helped. I was wrong


Everyone asks this. They almost never (if ever) answer it do to liability reasons.

Edit: I wouldn't even bother applying to that school again. You exercised some pretty poor judgment. I wouldn't submit a photo if it was a picture of the President of the university with a personal message directing the law school to admit me. It's just not how things are done professionally.
Last edited by 03121202698008 on Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
JamMasterJ

Platinum
Posts: 6657
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: Bashed by a law dean last cycle, help me this cycle please

Postby JamMasterJ » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:27 am

Kilpatrick wrote:Your problem is that you only submitted a photograph. If you really want to stand out from the crowd you need to submit a video application. Try to get the "A class political" to make a cameo in it.

+1. Elle Woods submitted a video, and she got Harvard

User avatar
Jack Smirks

Silver
Posts: 1330
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 5:35 am

Re: Bashed by a law dean last cycle, help me this cycle please

Postby Jack Smirks » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:28 am

aclaw55 wrote:
naterj wrote:Which dean called you arrogant? Why haven't you told the A class political that you work for to take care of it?



An intern for one college semester doesn't have that kind of power.

Not you dummy. THE A CLASS POLITCAL!

User avatar
KevinP

Silver
Posts: 1322
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:56 pm

Re: Bashed by a law dean last cycle, help me this cycle please

Postby KevinP » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:29 am

JamMasterJ wrote:
Kilpatrick wrote:Your problem is that you only submitted a photograph. If you really want to stand out from the crowd you need to submit a video application. Try to get the "A class political" to make a cameo in it.

+1. Elle Woods submitted a video, and she got Harvard

5 dollars says he'll take you guys seriously and actually submit a video.

User avatar
Kilpatrick

Silver
Posts: 1061
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:06 am

Re: Bashed by a law dean last cycle, help me this cycle please

Postby Kilpatrick » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:29 am

naterj wrote:
aclaw55 wrote:
naterj wrote:Which dean called you arrogant? Why haven't you told the A class political that you work for to take care of it?



An intern for one college semester doesn't have that kind of power.

Not you dummy. THE A CLASS POLITCAL!


Yeah good point. Tell him to write the dean a threatening note on a photograph

aclaw55

New
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:26 pm

Re: Bashed by a law dean last cycle, help me this cycle please

Postby aclaw55 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:30 am

.
Last edited by aclaw55 on Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

aclaw55

New
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:26 pm

Re: Bashed by a law dean last cycle, help me this cycle please

Postby aclaw55 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:30 am

.
Last edited by aclaw55 on Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
vanwinkle

Platinum
Posts: 8954
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:02 am

Re: Bashed by a law dean last cycle, help me this cycle please

Postby vanwinkle » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:31 am

Kilpatrick wrote:
naterj wrote:
aclaw55 wrote:
naterj wrote:Which dean called you arrogant? Why haven't you told the A class political that you work for to take care of it?

An intern for one college semester doesn't have that kind of power.

Not you dummy. THE A CLASS POLITCAL!

Yeah good point. Tell him to write the dean a threatening note on a photograph

:lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
JamMasterJ

Platinum
Posts: 6657
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: Bashed by a law dean last cycle, help me this cycle please

Postby JamMasterJ » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:32 am

KevinP wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:
Kilpatrick wrote:Your problem is that you only submitted a photograph. If you really want to stand out from the crowd you need to submit a video application. Try to get the "A class political" to make a cameo in it.

+1. Elle Woods submitted a video, and she got Harvard

5 dollars says he'll take you guys seriously and actually submit a video.

oh .... no ...

User avatar
bport hopeful

Gold
Posts: 4930
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:09 pm

Re: Bashed by a law dean last cycle, help me this cycle please

Postby bport hopeful » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:34 am

Im surprised that no one has asked this (or maybe they have and I missed it), but the real question in my mind is are you attractive? If not, I suggest sending in a photo of someone else next time.

User avatar
soj

Platinum
Posts: 7890
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:10 pm

Re: Bashed by a law dean last cycle, help me this cycle please

Postby soj » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:39 am

JamMasterJ wrote:
Kilpatrick wrote:Your problem is that you only submitted a photograph. If you really want to stand out from the crowd you need to submit a video application. Try to get the "A class political" to make a cameo in it.

+1. Elle Woods submitted a video, and she got Harvard

That's because HLS is a TTT degree mill that will accept anyone with her stabanned by vanwinkle

User avatar
j12

Bronze
Posts: 169
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:41 pm

Re: Bashed by a law dean last cycle, help me this cycle please

Postby j12 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:42 am

Just wanted to leave this here

Edited out

03121202698008

Gold
Posts: 2992
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:07 am

Re: Bashed by a law dean last cycle, help me this cycle please

Postby 03121202698008 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:47 am

j12 wrote:Just wanted to leave this here


I still call flame. He says his GPA here is 3.1 but in other posts he says 2.9.

User avatar
vanwinkle

Platinum
Posts: 8954
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:02 am

Re: Bashed by a law dean last cycle, help me this cycle please

Postby vanwinkle » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:47 am

j12 wrote:Just wanted to leave this here

WTF, dude. Are you stalking people?

User avatar
Ginj

Silver
Posts: 530
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:53 am

Re: Bashed by a law dean last cycle, help me this cycle please

Postby Ginj » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:51 am

vanwinkle wrote:
j12 wrote:Just wanted to leave this here

WTF, dude. Are you stalking people?


Have you seen j12's nipples? They're kind of a VIP pass to do whatever he wants. OP should thank him.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests