Fall Semester Grades

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Yeshia90

Fall Semester Grades

Postby Yeshia90 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:15 pm

So, I currently have a 3.53 GPA, which puts me below the 25th percentile for pretty much every school I'm looking at. However, after the first semester, I should be above or at a 3.6, which is right around that quartile, which, combined with my LSAT score, would make me more competitive. Now, I'm planning on getting my apps all in by the end of September, but submitting fall grades as soon as I have them. Would schools that I'm applying to take them into consideration, or is it more likely that they'll have reached a decision already based on my grades in my first three years of college?

JamMasterJ

Re: Fall Semester Grades

Postby JamMasterJ » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:17 pm

PSUdevon wrote:So, I currently have a 3.53 GPA, which puts me below the 25th percentile for pretty much every school I'm looking at. However, after the first semester, I should be above or at a 3.6, which is right around that quartile, which, combined with my LSAT score, would make me more competitive. Now, I'm planning on getting my apps all in by the end of September, but submitting fall grades as soon as I have them. Would schools that I'm applying to take them into consideration, or is it more likely that they'll have reached a decision already based on my grades in my first three years of college?

The benefit of applying early is greater than the boost in gpa. Write a LOCI with grades from fall semester to get off waitlists

Yeshia90

Postby Yeshia90 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:20 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:
PSUdevon wrote:So, I currently have a 3.53 GPA, which puts me below the 25th percentile for pretty much every school I'm looking at. However, after the first semester, I should be above or at a 3.6, which is right around that quartile, which, combined with my LSAT score, would make me more competitive. Now, I'm planning on getting my apps all in by the end of September, but submitting fall grades as soon as I have them. Would schools that I'm applying to take them into consideration, or is it more likely that they'll have reached a decision already based on my grades in my first three years of college?

The benefit of applying early is greater than the boost in gpa. Write a LOCI with grades from fall semester to get off waitlists

Cool. I'm guessing my LSAT is enough to prevent me from being dinged at most places, so that's what I figured.

acrossthelake

Postby acrossthelake » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:26 pm

I got into a school with my GPA below the 25th percentile long before fall semester grades came out.

JamMasterJ wrote:The benefit of applying early is greater than the boost in gpa. Write a LOCI with grades from fall semester to get off waitlists

+1

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:47 pm

acrossthelake wrote:I got into a school with my GPA below the 25th percentile long before fall semester grades came out.

JamMasterJ wrote:The benefit of applying early is greater than the boost in gpa. Write a LOCI with grades from fall semester to get off waitlists

+1

which school?

acrossthelake

Postby acrossthelake » Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:49 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:
acrossthelake wrote:I got into a school with my GPA below the 25th percentile long before fall semester grades came out.

+1

which school?

PM'ed.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”