GPA Addendum??

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Speranza

GPA Addendum??

Postby Speranza » Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:07 pm

Hello Everyone,

I recently graduated from university in may with a 3.5+ gpa, but I was wondering if i should include an addendum in my application. In my final semester I became fairly ill(an illness to which i am currently undergoing treatment), which impaired me from being physically and mentally capable to focus on school. My final gpa does not depict my true academic abilities. During my final semester my gpa dropped from 3.6+ to 3.5+, i was also supposed to graduate honors which no longer happened. I was wondering if this would be okay to explain in an addendum. Thank you for any answers.

Jack Smirks

Re: GPA Addendum??

Postby Jack Smirks » Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:27 pm

If your application doesn't have any other addenda I don't see a problem with adding one. Just be sure to keep it short and to the point.

bport hopeful

Postby bport hopeful » Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:29 pm

you have a good reason. go for it.

bp shinners

Postby bp shinners » Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:50 pm

Speranza wrote:In my final semester I became fairly ill(an illness to which i am currently undergoing treatment), which impaired me from being physically and mentally capable to focus on school.

Two quick questions:

1) If it was that serious of an illness, why didn't you take a leave of absence to deal with it?

2) Will the illness be resolved by the time you'd begin at law school?

The first one is something you should think about while formulating your addendum. The latter is something that you'll have to assure the law school of in the addendum.

Speranza

Postby Speranza » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:14 pm

I did not take a leave of absence because I only found out about the condition once my semester was over, I had many symptoms but never went to the doctor, even though I should have. By next year I should be perfectly able to start again.
Thank you, ill be sure to include that.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”