Attachment needing to be sent with transcript to LSAC?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Cartman

Attachment needing to be sent with transcript to LSAC?

Postby Cartman » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:20 pm

Hello folks,

So I'm trying to have my transcripts sent in from my undergraduate school to LSAC, and I'm a bit confused. I just got a call from my schools registrar asking if I needed an attachment submitted along with my authorization form signature (just for my college to get the ok to send the transcripts) to be sent to LSAC along with the transcripts themselves. Apparently I had marked off that there should have been an attachment when I was filling it out, but I have no idea what that attachment would be, and nor apparently did the lady from my school. She did however mention that normally when they have transcripts sent to LSAC they DO have an attachment with them.

I have no clue what this would be...can anyone help me out?

Thanks...

rinkrat19

Re: Attachment needing to be sent with transcript to LSAC?

Postby rinkrat19 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:25 pm

When you're entering the names of all the institutions you've attended on LSAC, the CAS system creates a PDF for you to download, print, sign, and mail to your UG school to include with the transcript. It has your LSAC number and a barcode.

Cartman

Postby Cartman » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:29 pm

Ah crap, I knew there was one for letters of recommendation, but I didn't know there was one for transcripts too. How frustrating, because I just had my community college (the college before the one I was speaking of) send my transcripts out as well and they didn't mention any issues there.

Johnlj56

Postby Johnlj56 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:32 pm

Assuming you have already signed up for CAS and entered all you undergrad information, you sign in to LSAC.org and on the right hand side of the home screen click the link that says "_ Transcripts not received." Under each institution click the link that says "transcript request form." It is a pdf with a bar code to make sure that your transcript is assigned to your account.

I didn't send these in with my transcript because I didn't realize that I had to until after I did all of my transcript request at my schools but they were still assigned to my account.

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:38 pm

If you don't have a common name, your transcripts may still get sorted properly at LSAC. LSAC doesn't just automatically trash things sent without forms, fortunately. It might take longer, and it might end up being lost in the end. But also fortunately, you have plenty of time to re-send it if the transcript never shows up on your LSAC account.

Cartman

Postby Cartman » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:37 pm

The good news is that I was able to contact both my community college and university before they closed and found out that neither college had processed the transcripts yet, so I'll be able to drop off the form at both places tomorrow morning before they go out.

Thanks a bunch for the quick replies!

Cartman

Postby Cartman » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:43 pm

Actually, one more quick question:

The reason why I had not yet submitted my institutions attended was because they wanted an ending date for my attendance at my university (bachelor's degree granting institution, anyways) but I have not yet obtained it. I will (without ridiculously unforeseen circumstances) be graduating at the end of next semester (December 2011). Should I just put that down as the end date? And should I also select degree level of Bachelors?

I was just hesitant because it says once you confirm you will not be able to edit, and I just want to make sure that's fine that I can submit it that way even though I still have one more semester.

Thanks.

Johnlj56

Postby Johnlj56 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:04 am

I put Dec 11 as my graduation date too. I don' t think it's a problem

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:27 am

Yeah, that sounds fine to me. And if you do need to change something, you can always call LSAC and talk to a real person. When they got my main transcript, someone miss-read the school from which a few credits had transferred, and my account said I was missing a transcript from "City State U" instead of "City CC", and I couldn't delete it. One call and they fixed it.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”