LSAT to get into Harvard?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
jillbill
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:17 pm

LSAT to get into Harvard?

Postby jillbill » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:20 pm

What LSAT is needed to get into Harvard? Is median enough or do you need to be above it if you have no gigantic softs? How much difference does it make to apply on day 1?

User avatar
Emma.
Posts: 2401
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:57 pm

Re: LSAT to get into Harvard?

Postby Emma. » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:22 pm

jillbill wrote:What LSAT is needed to get into Harvard? Is median enough or do you need to be above it if you have no gigantic softs? How much difference does it make to apply on day 1?


Depends on your GPA. You probably want both your numbers to be above median to be "safe" at HLS (as much as anyone can be safe).

jillbill
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:17 pm

Re: LSAT to get into Harvard?

Postby jillbill » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:34 pm

My GPA is above their 75th percentile. How big is it to be "above" the median rather then "at it"?

User avatar
acrossthelake
Posts: 4432
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 5:27 pm

Re: LSAT to get into Harvard?

Postby acrossthelake » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:34 pm

Emma. wrote:
jillbill wrote:What LSAT is needed to get into Harvard? Is median enough or do you need to be above it if you have no gigantic softs? How much difference does it make to apply on day 1?


Depends on your GPA. You probably want both your numbers to be above median to be "safe" at HLS (as much as anyone can be safe).


+1

Applying earlier is better, though Day 1 is not necessary. If you apply earlier, though, there's a chance you get in before Thanksgiving, and that's always really enjoyable and takes a lot of stress off the rest of your cycle.

jillbill wrote:My GPA is above their 75th percentile. How big is it to be "above" the median rather then "at it"?


This thread should give you some relevant info:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=132115

Above is always better than at, though a >75percentile GPA and at median LSAT aren't bad.

T-Account
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:21 pm

Re: LSAT to get into Harvard?

Postby T-Account » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:49 pm

Do they consider how you rank within your class? For instance, I think my GPA is below the 75%tile, somewhere in the middle 50% (3.92), but at my undergrad school it was the highest GPA in my major and in the top 2% of my class (~1000 kids in the class). I thought I read somewhere that schools look at how your GPA stands up against the rest of the kids in your class with a mean GPA for your undergrad. Is this true? And if so, is there a place I can find the mean GPA for my UG?

User avatar
booboo
Posts: 1032
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:39 pm

Re: LSAT to get into Harvard?

Postby booboo » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:57 pm

They won't put much emphasis. When it comes down to it, cum. GPA and highest LSAT are all that matter. With H having a 550+ class, having a median LSAT and >75th percentile GPA with an early app and no application faux pas' will usually at least get you a JR1.

User avatar
Samara
Posts: 3245
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 4:26 pm

Re: LSAT to get into Harvard?

Postby Samara » Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:33 pm

T-Account wrote:Do they consider how you rank within your class? For instance, I think my GPA is below the 75%tile, somewhere in the middle 50% (3.92), but at my undergrad school it was the highest GPA in my major and in the top 2% of my class (~1000 kids in the class). I thought I read somewhere that schools look at how your GPA stands up against the rest of the kids in your class with a mean GPA for your undergrad. Is this true? And if so, is there a place I can find the mean GPA for my UG?

Your academic summary report from LSAC will have detailed class rank information for GPA and LSAT.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], grandpapy360, mecooper08, Yahoo [Bot] and 7 guests