If you think going back t school will enhance your career...

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )

Re: If you think going back t school will enhance your career...

Postby 23402385985 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:50 pm

That's why you don't want to major in English and Spanish with no other, discernable skills.

A bunch of people with stupid majors got fucked. Get a real major and you have a much lower chance at getting fucked.

Wade LeBosh

Postby Wade LeBosh » Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:59 pm

joncrooshal wrote:That's why you don't want to major in English and Spanish with no other, discernable skills.

A bunch of people with stupid majors got fucked. Get a real major and you have a much lower chance at getting fucked.

The guy that hooked up my cable was a comp sci major from a Top 100 school.

Postby 23402385985 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:00 pm

Wade LeBosh wrote:
joncrooshal wrote:That's why you don't want to major in English and Spanish with no other, discernable skills.

My point remains. CompSci is not employable at all right now.

Exeter

Postby Exeter » Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:08 pm

Friend who is a compsci major from Northwestern is making 120 out of school working at Dell.

Wade LeBosh

Postby Wade LeBosh » Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:08 pm

joncrooshal wrote:
Wade LeBosh wrote:

You're saying CompiSci isn't a "real major" then?

Rock-N-Roll

Postby Rock-N-Roll » Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:28 pm

Adm.Doppleganger wrote:I felt like I was reading Flannery O'Connor.

What does Flannery O'Connor have to do with this? How much of her work have you read?

Postby 83947368 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:37 pm

One book douche.

$1.99

Postby $1.99 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:38 pm

mother of god, MTal you make one of these threads every month. you failed at law school we get it. why do you keep coming here if you are no longer a law student nor applicant. you have no connection with this site anymore. i don't see why anyone would keep coming to TLS years when in your situation. you are like the loser from high school who keeps coming to visit at age 28 to talk about your glory years when you never had any glory.

MTal

Postby MTal » Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:49 pm

$1.99 wrote: you are like the loser from high school who keeps coming to visit at age 28 to talk about your glory years when you never had any glory.

Did I mention that as a running back, I once scored 4 touchdowns in a single game?

Rock-N-Roll

Postby Rock-N-Roll » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:48 pm

Adm.Doppleganger wrote:One book douche.

I appreciate your honesty in terms of acknowledging your minimal exposure to her writing. The "doom and gloom" that you mentioned have nothing to do with her work. She's one of my favorite authors and deserves better than to have someone wildly throwing her name around an Mtal thread.

Postby 83947368 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:24 pm

wow, aren't you just the douche of the year.

The book I read, and I believe with your douche abilities you should be able to pick it out very quickly, took place in a run down part of a city and was about false prophets, prostitutes, corrupt politicians, and a slap-you-in-your-face Jesus protagonist that would mutilate himself because he hated the world or something.

What was that about doom and gloom having nothing to do with her work?

Now personally I feel like that it was quite similar to Mtal's version of the nasty, big bad world. But then hey, douches will and do disagree with things regularly.

Rock-N-Roll

Postby Rock-N-Roll » Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:55 pm

Adm.Doppleganger wrote:wow, aren't you just the douche of the year.

The book I read, and I believe with your douche abilities you should be able to pick it out very quickly, took place in a run down part of a city and was about false prophets, prostitutes, corrupt politicians, and a slap-you-in-your-face Jesus protagonist that would mutilate himself because he hated the world or something.

What was that about doom and gloom having nothing to do with her work?

Now personally I feel like that it was quite similar to Mtal's version of the nasty, big bad world. But then hey, douches will and do disagree with things regularly.

The novel you are describing is probably Wise Blood (although there wasn't anything in that book about corrupt politicians that I can remember). O'Connor wrote in a style that has been described as Southern Gothic and it is a mixture of the grotesque and the comical. Her writing does not (as you believe) evoke despair and sorrow (gloom and doom) as much as it evokes misguided foolishness and futility especially in southerners and religious zealots. I'm not claiming to be smarter than you are (as a douche would do I suppose). I've just read more of and thought more about this particular author's work than it seems like you have.

Generally, I must say I don't appreciate you dropping her name and mischaracterizing her work without at least knowing the name of the one novel of hers you claim to have read, and if that makes me a douche in your eyes, then I will own it.

Postby 23402385985 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:56 pm

Wade LeBosh wrote:
joncrooshal wrote:
Wade LeBosh wrote:

You're saying CompiSci isn't a "real major" then?

It's definitely not. Unless you want to be an IT guy.

Postby 83947368 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:16 pm

Thank you. I understand that "she wrote in a style that has been described as Southern Gothic". I have also read the back of a book cover. Indeed, I also have read a smattering of various Gothic styled American liter-a-ture, although I do not make myself out to be the distinguished scholar that you are on the topic.

Where I do split hairs with you good sir or ma'am is you jump to many conclusions about what I was implying with my word choice. I felt as if the scene he was painting was similar to some Flannery O'Connor painted in her novel Wise Blood.

Does that work for you oh learned scholar who knows what Southern Gothic is?

You pedantic, pedantic, little girl.

MTal

Postby MTal » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:39 pm

Ok this is totally off topic but out of the blue I just got invited to go on a hooters party bus. I'm out of heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!

acrossthelake

Postby acrossthelake » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:46 pm

Thread has veered off-topic. Locking. Feel free to start a new thread.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”