Do law schools see your actual transcripts?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
clarawater

Do law schools see your actual transcripts?

Postby clarawater » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:56 pm

So I know that LSAC "assembles" your transcripts, determines a new GPA, etc. but I was wondering if anyone knew if law school admissions staff see the actual/copied transcript from your undergraduate institution? I am wondering because my GPA from just my undergrad is higher than my LSAC GPA will be with transfer credit factored in from high school (it's not in my undergrad GPA because it was just "T" for transfer with no grade).
So basically... do law schools see a separate undergrad GPA versus cumulative/LSAC GPA?

Any help would be appreciated!

d34d9823

Re: Do law schools see your actual transcripts?

Postby d34d9823 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:05 pm

clarawater wrote:So I know that LSAC "assembles" your transcripts, determines a new GPA, etc. but I was wondering if anyone knew if law school admissions staff see the actual/copied transcript from your undergraduate institution? I am wondering because my GPA from just my undergrad is higher than my LSAC GPA will be with transfer credit factored in from high school when I also got college credit (it's not in my undergrad GPA because it was just "T" for transfer with no grade).

They see the report from LSAC, which has your GPA, but also a list of every class you took. So they won't see YOUR university's transcript, but they will see all your classes. Once you send your transcripts in, you'll be able to look at your report.

Samara

Re: Do law schools see your actual transcripts?

Postby Samara » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:16 pm

d34dluk3 wrote:
clarawater wrote:So I know that LSAC "assembles" your transcripts, determines a new GPA, etc. but I was wondering if anyone knew if law school admissions staff see the actual/copied transcript from your undergraduate institution? I am wondering because my GPA from just my undergrad is higher than my LSAC GPA will be with transfer credit factored in from high school when I also got college credit (it's not in my undergrad GPA because it was just "T" for transfer with no grade).

They see the report from LSAC, which has your GPA, but also a list of every class you took. So they won't see YOUR university's transcript, but they will see all your classes. Once you send your transcripts in, you'll be able to look at your report.

No, I think they do see your actual transcript. I know they get that report, but I think they get copies of the transcripts too. The sample apps on that Kaplan admissions thing yesterday showed transcripts in addition to the report.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”