(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
TIKITEMBO

Postby TIKITEMBO » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:03 pm

Last edited by TIKITEMBO on Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bildungsroman

Re: Resume Question

Postby Bildungsroman » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:10 pm

No, schools want you to include seemingly irrelevant work experience as well. They're not going to look down on you for having to pay the bills.

random5483

Postby random5483 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:15 pm

Law schools, unlike business schools, don't value experience very highly. Well a few like Northwestern do, but they usually don't value anything shy of several years of substantive work experience.

Put all the work you did down. If anything it will help. For example, working while doing your undergrad shows that you have a decent work ethic, especially if you maintained good grades. Law school admissions are primarily about your GPA and LSAT. Your work experience will have a minimal impact. Just avoid making mistakes on your resume and you will be fine.

TIKITEMBO

Postby TIKITEMBO » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:24 pm

Well I don't mean to sound like a high-flying snobbypants, but I really don't need the call center job on my resume. I have a lot of other experience working with the government, a non-profit, as well as other professional experience. I've been out of undergrad for awhile and it's more that I don't want to have to put that info down because it doesn't really build on anything I've done and it actually looks like *holds nose high* a downward trend in my work experience as far as skill level. It's more that I just want to be able to make money while still getting a legal internship. :)

cinephile

Postby cinephile » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:10 am

It's up to you. But I recall some apps having a little box to write in all your work experience, so that's another option if you don't want to include it on your resume, but perhaps elsewhere in the online application.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”