Reverse splitter looking to go to law school in Chicago Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
NeedtoStudy

New

Reverse splitter looking to go to law school in Chicago

Post by NeedtoStudy » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:25 pm

I have a 3.81 and a 155 on the LSAT (I'm retaking in October), where can I go? What would I have to get to get a full ride at one of the lower ranked law schools?

Thanks!

lawgod

Bronze

Re: Reverse splitter looking to go to law school in Chicago

Post by lawgod » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:26 pm

NeedtoStudy wrote:I have a 3.81 and a 155 on the LSAT (I'm retaking in October), where can I go? What would I have to get to get a full ride at one of the lower ranked law schools?

Thanks!
No prob at JMLS. I imagine your asking about Kent/loyola/depaul. But from the title I thought you meant UC.

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:29 pm

There's no such thing as a "reverse splitter", just people who do badly on the LSAT. Study and retake, and then worry about it.

NeedtoStudy

New

Post by NeedtoStudy » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:45 pm

lawgod wrote:
NeedtoStudy wrote:I have a 3.81 and a 155 on the LSAT (I'm retaking in October), where can I go? What would I have to get to get a full ride at one of the lower ranked law schools?

Thanks!
No prob at JMLS. I imagine your asking about Kent/loyola/depaul. But from the title I thought you meant UC.
I'd be shocked if I got lower than a 160 in October, I have a pretty good excuse for doing worse on the actual thing than I did on my initial diagnostic. But you'd say that I already have a full-ride there? It's not saying a lot, I would just like to know that I pretty much have a free ride somewhere.

lawgod

Bronze

Post by lawgod » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:46 pm

NeedtoStudy wrote:
lawgod wrote:

Thanks!
I'd be shocked if I got lower than a 160 in October, I have a pretty good excuse for doing worse on the actual thing than I did on my initial diagnostic. But you'd say that I already have a full-ride there? It's not saying a lot, I would just like to know that I pretty much have a free ride somewhere.
Oh. I didn't see the part about full ride. sorry.
Personally, I don't think JMLS is worth attending even on full ride, when you could be working on a career in something else.

NeedtoStudy

New

Post by NeedtoStudy » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:54 pm

I think that's fair to say. Tons of grads are SA's, but even that is rapidly changing.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”