Reverse splitter looking to go to law school in Chicago

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
NeedtoStudy

Reverse splitter looking to go to law school in Chicago

Postby NeedtoStudy » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:25 pm

I have a 3.81 and a 155 on the LSAT (I'm retaking in October), where can I go? What would I have to get to get a full ride at one of the lower ranked law schools?

Thanks!

lawgod

Re: Reverse splitter looking to go to law school in Chicago

Postby lawgod » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:26 pm

NeedtoStudy wrote:I have a 3.81 and a 155 on the LSAT (I'm retaking in October), where can I go? What would I have to get to get a full ride at one of the lower ranked law schools?

Thanks!

No prob at JMLS. I imagine your asking about Kent/loyola/depaul. But from the title I thought you meant UC.

vanwinkle

Postby vanwinkle » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:29 pm

There's no such thing as a "reverse splitter", just people who do badly on the LSAT. Study and retake, and then worry about it.

NeedtoStudy

Postby NeedtoStudy » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:45 pm

lawgod wrote:
NeedtoStudy wrote:I have a 3.81 and a 155 on the LSAT (I'm retaking in October), where can I go? What would I have to get to get a full ride at one of the lower ranked law schools?

Thanks!

No prob at JMLS. I imagine your asking about Kent/loyola/depaul. But from the title I thought you meant UC.

I'd be shocked if I got lower than a 160 in October, I have a pretty good excuse for doing worse on the actual thing than I did on my initial diagnostic. But you'd say that I already have a full-ride there? It's not saying a lot, I would just like to know that I pretty much have a free ride somewhere.

lawgod

Postby lawgod » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:46 pm

NeedtoStudy wrote:
lawgod wrote:

Thanks!

I'd be shocked if I got lower than a 160 in October, I have a pretty good excuse for doing worse on the actual thing than I did on my initial diagnostic. But you'd say that I already have a full-ride there? It's not saying a lot, I would just like to know that I pretty much have a free ride somewhere.

Oh. I didn't see the part about full ride. sorry.
Personally, I don't think JMLS is worth attending even on full ride, when you could be working on a career in something else.

NeedtoStudy

Postby NeedtoStudy » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:54 pm

I think that's fair to say. Tons of grads are SA's, but even that is rapidly changing.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”