Addendum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
JoshChoe9988

Addendum

Postby JoshChoe9988 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:01 pm

Is it bad for you to have a lot of addendum? In all my life, I had trouble with my family (significant domestic violence, financial, and health)?

Spring 2008 and Summer 2008: Parents got involved with an argument and turned into domestic violence caused inability in my academic work.
Fall 2009: I had a root canal infection during my last final on finals week and as a result, I didnt do well on my last final course).

Fall 2010, Winter 2011: I been helping my parents with their business due to their health deterioration of working for over 15 hrs a day, and the business was going slow.

Aurora

Re: Addendum

Postby Aurora » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:31 pm

JoshChoe9988 wrote:Is it bad for you to have a lot of addendum? In all my life, I had trouble with my family (significant domestic violence, financial, and health)?

Spring 2008 and Summer 2008: Parents got involved with an argument and turned into domestic violence caused inability in my academic work.
Fall 2009: I had a root canal infection during my last final on finals week and as a result, I didnt do well on my last final course).

Fall 2010, Winter 2011: I been helping my parents with their business due to their health deterioration of working for over 15 hrs a day, and the business was going slow.

I would try to limit the number of addendum, and really concentrate on the events impacted you the most. You don't want them to fill in the gaps themselves as to what happened, and yet you don't want a laundry list of issues either. It's a fine balance.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”