Withdraw-Passing and Withdraw-No Grade Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Yeshia90

Silver

Withdraw-Passing and Withdraw-No Grade

Post by Yeshia90 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:49 pm

So, I almost had a heart attack after I read this thread, but after skimming the forums, it seems like as long as my school allowed the withdrawals and considered them non-punitive, they won't count against my LSDAS GPA? Just to be on the safe side, I "late dropped" (but well within my UG school's permitted time limit) 3 classes during my college career, one of which I received a WP, and the other 2 a WN (Withdraw, no grade assessed). I wasn't failing any of them, and they didn't count against my UG GPA. So I shouldn't be in for a nasty surprise, right?

Knock

Platinum

Re: Withdraw-Passing and Withdraw-No Grade

Post by Knock » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:38 pm

PSUdevon wrote:So, I almost had a heart attack after I read this thread, but after skimming the forums, it seems like as long as my school allowed the withdrawals and considered them non-punitive, they won't count against my LSDAS GPA? Just to be on the safe side, I "late dropped" (but well within my UG school's permitted time limit) 3 classes during my college career, one of which I received a WP, and the other 2 a WN (Withdraw, no grade assessed). I wasn't failing any of them, and they didn't count against my UG GPA. So I shouldn't be in for a nasty surprise, right?
If your school considers them "non-punitive" you should be safe. If a nasty surprise does occur, I would definitely contact LSAC and explain that your school considers the WN non-punitive and provide evidence/documentation.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”