AP Exam Transfer Credit?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
clarawater

AP Exam Transfer Credit?

Postby clarawater » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:55 am

Sooo random question about transcripts to be sent to LSAC for GPA calculation.

On my undergraduate transcript, one of my classes has "T" for transfer credit from an AP test that I took in high school. Should I get that score somehow sent to LSAC to calculate into my GPA? The scores for AP tests (if you're unaware) are on a scale from 1-5 and I got a 4 on this one so my college let me get the transfer credit for it... thus, I am not sure how that would be calculated into a 4.0 GPA grading scale...

Does anyone have any experience with this/know how the LSAC calculates it if it all?

JamMasterJ

Re: AP Exam Transfer Credit?

Postby JamMasterJ » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:00 pm

clarawater wrote:Sooo random question about transcripts to be sent to LSAC for GPA calculation.

On my undergraduate transcript, one of my classes has "T" for transfer credit from an AP test that I took in high school. Should I get that score somehow sent to LSAC to calculate into my GPA? The scores for AP tests (if you're unaware) are on a scale from 1-5 and I got a 4 on this one so my college let me get the transfer credit for it... thus, I am not sure how that would be calculated into a 4.0 GPA grading scale...

Does anyone have any experience with this/know how the LSAC calculates it if it all?

from what I have read in a similar thread - though I don't guarantee the accuracy, AP credits don't count toward your LSAC gpa

Flips88

Postby Flips88 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:02 pm

Lol. You don't get any GPA credit for AP hours.

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:04 pm

They only count toward your LSDAS GPA if your UG institution counted them as graded credits and not just a pass (which is what your T-for-transfer sounds like). On their own from the AP testing organization, they don't count for grades.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”