SLU Summer Institute? Anyone know anything about this?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
JoseAllDay

SLU Summer Institute? Anyone know anything about this?

Postby JoseAllDay » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:07 pm

Does anyone know anything about SLUs Summer Institute program?

Seems its for students who have potential but their undergrad grades and LSAT score fail to show this.

http://law.slu.edu/admissions/programs/summer.html

scammedhard

Re: SLU Summer Institute? Anyone know anything about this?

Postby scammedhard » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:17 pm

In my opinion, all these summer programs are a way to start scamming people early: in the summer, as opposed to the fall.

With all the data available out there, I cannot imagine why you'd be looking into SLU. If your grades and LSAT are not good enough to get you into a decent Tier 1 law school with substantial scholarship money, then sorry, law school is not for you. Don't think that getting admitted into a law school like SLU is going to get you a lawyer job or a job that will allow you to pay back your student loans.

http://T14 Paradise.blogspot.com/20 ... louis.html

things fall apart

Postby things fall apart » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:08 am

scammedhard wrote:In my opinion, all these summer programs are a way to start scamming people early: in the summer, as opposed to the fall.

With all the data available out there, I cannot imagine why you'd be looking into SLU. If your grades and LSAT are not good enough to get you into a decent Tier 1 law school with substantial scholarship money, then sorry, law school is not for you. Don't think that getting admitted into a law school like SLU is going to get you a lawyer job or a job that will allow you to pay back your student loans.

http://T14 Paradise.blogspot.com/20 ... louis.html

Mr. Scammedhard, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having read it. I award you no "TITCR", and may God have mercy on your soul.

JoseAllDay

Postby JoseAllDay » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:11 pm

Man from what I have seen, there are a lot of SLU haters on here.

Any other opinions on the Summer Institute?

ihhwap1

Postby ihhwap1 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:37 pm

Last edited by ihhwap1 on Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JoseAllDay

Postby JoseAllDay » Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:02 pm

probably true.

beachbum

Postby beachbum » Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:12 pm

SLU isn't worth full cost (or anywhere near full cost), and this program seems unlikely to award its participants the scholarship money necessary to make SLU a worthwhile investment. If your GPA and LSAT aren't up to par for whatever reason, you're much better off retaking the LSAT than putting yourself through this thing.

<--- Went to SLU for undergrad, know several SLU Law students, don't know any SLU Law students with jobs that justify what they paid (/are paying) for their JD.

JoseAllDay

Postby JoseAllDay » Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:29 pm

beachbum wrote:SLU isn't worth full cost (or anywhere near full cost), and this program seems unlikely to award its participants the scholarship money necessary to make SLU a worthwhile investment. If your GPA and LSAT aren't up to par for whatever reason, you're much better off retaking the LSAT than putting yourself through this thing.

<--- Went to SLU for undergrad, know several SLU Law students, don't know any SLU Law students with jobs that justify what they paid (/are paying) for their JD.

I know whats up. I live in St. Louis. South City.

Was looking for feedback on these types of programs. I am sure you know like I do that Wash U grads get top priority in this city.

cinephile

Postby cinephile » Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:14 pm

Seek out taxguy, he has plenty to say on this subject.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”