Boalt. Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
confusedlaw

Silver

Boalt.

Post by confusedlaw » Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:17 pm

Boalt is a little out of my league regardless, but can anyone shed some light on the LSN for Boalt this year, were they just super selective this year?

Knock

Platinum

Re: Boalt.

Post by Knock » Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:25 pm

confusedlaw wrote:Boalt is a little out of my league regardless, but can anyone shed some light on the LSN for Boalt this year, were they just super selective this year?
What exactly is your question? That Boalt's LSN graph doesn't seem to have a clear pattern?

Berkeley has historically been the third most selective law school in the country, after Yale and Stanford, in terms of acceptance percentage. Part of that is due to the kind of student body they try and accept. They want an interesting, diverse student body and are willing to admit students with lower LSAT scores, relative to peer schools, in order to do so. They also place a higher emphasis on GPA compared to peer schools.

confusedlaw

Silver

Post by confusedlaw » Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:31 pm

my questions is more what exactly are they looking for when you say diverse, when i see people with 175 and 3.8's rejected and 163 3.66 in, its a little confusing, thanks

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:00 pm

confusedlaw wrote:my questions is more what exactly are they looking for when you say diverse, when i see people with 175 and 3.8's rejected and 163 3.66 in, its a little confusing, thanks
They are looking for an interesting applicant. Someone who has interesting life experiences or comes from a minority background. Keep in mind too that Boalt's application process strongly disfavors late applicants. That may be a reason why you are seeing some people with higher numbers getting rejected. I would check their application date and if it's pretty late, that's probably a big reason they didn't get in. I'd check out the TLS interview with their Dean of admissions: http://www.top-law-schools.com/tom-interview.html, and the TLS profile on the school itself: http://www.top-law-schools.com/boalt-hall.html.

confusedlaw

Silver

Post by confusedlaw » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:32 am

thanks ihave a 167 3.68 and would love to live in cali, but i am so confused by Boalt and there process

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

robotclubmember

Silver

Post by robotclubmember » Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:41 pm

Tangerine Gleam

Silver

Post by Tangerine Gleam » Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:42 pm

You have a shot with those numbers. But it's true -- there's no such thing as a "safe" applicant. They turn away people with great numbers all the time.

confusedlaw

Silver

Post by confusedlaw » Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:37 pm

yea i mean its frustrating seeing people with much better numbers than mine getting rejected lol

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”