3.9 GPA but crappy softs Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Fiera

New

3.9 GPA but crappy softs

Post by Fiera » Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:10 am

Hi, so I was wondering how much it would hurt me if I had a 3.9 and a LSAT in the 170 range, but very insignificant softs pretty much unrelated to law? I'm trying to get into the T5 or T10 range. My softs are pretty much pathetic, like random clubs, volunteer work with animal rehabilitation, and a job. I have better academic accomplishments and activities, however. Should I be frantically trying to tack things on my resume?? Anything in particular?

Hawkeye Pierce

Silver

Re: 3.9 GPA but crappy softs

Post by Hawkeye Pierce » Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:14 am

Don't worry about it. Softs aren't that important anyway (unless they're genuinely good e.g., Rhodes Scholar). Law school admissions is still more-or-less a numbers game. I would say HYS are out with those numbers, CCN are a bit of a stretch, but everything M and down you will have a great shot. So yeah -- don't worry about it.

descartesb4thehorse

Silver

Post by descartesb4thehorse » Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:19 am

Hawkeye Pierce wrote:Don't worry about it. Softs aren't that important anyway (unless they're genuinely good e.g., Rhodes Scholar). Law school admissions is still more-or-less a numbers game. I would say HYS are out with those numbers, CCN are a bit of a stretch, but everything M and down you will have a great shot. So yeah -- don't worry about it.
You're so harsh, HP! Depending on where in the 170s, his numbers are definitely within range of HYS and even with lower 170s, CCN.

Hawkeye Pierce

Silver

Post by Hawkeye Pierce » Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:20 am

descartesb4thehorse wrote:
Hawkeye Pierce wrote:Don't worry about it. Softs aren't that important anyway (unless they're genuinely good e.g., Rhodes Scholar). Law school admissions is still more-or-less a numbers game. I would say HYS are out with those numbers, CCN are a bit of a stretch, but everything M and down you will have a great shot. So yeah -- don't worry about it.
You're so harsh, HP! Depending on where in the 170s, his numbers are definitely within range of HYS and even with lower 170s, CCN.
Reading Comprehension fail on my part. I read it as 170, not as "170 range" lol. My bad.

bhan87

Silver

Post by bhan87 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:24 am

Be very very very glad your situation isn't in the reverse.

Get a 170+ and enjoy T14

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”