October LSAT Application QQQ

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
sandwiches5000

October LSAT Application QQQ

Postby sandwiches5000 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:36 pm

So nice, gotta say it thrice. Okay. I took the June LSAT so I could apply ripe and early in the application season this fall.

However, things didn't go as planned.

I am taking the October LSAT internationally, so I will be sitting for it on October 2nd. Should I start applying for schools before my new score is released? Should I wait until the end of October and send them out as soon as my score is released?

I just want to be in the best possible position to take advantage of rolling admissions. I am in the lower to median percentile for GPA for the top 5 and median to higher for the lower T14. I PT in the mid 170s but I sucked at dealing with the stress (maybe bubbling) so I have a 167 now. Perfecting my chi (and RC) and getting my zen on, so my goal is to score in the upper 170s in Oct.

Thanks.

IamIn

Re: October LSAT Application QQQ

Postby IamIn » Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:10 pm

sandwiches5000 wrote:Should I start applying for schools before my new score is released?

Yes.

WestOfTheRest

Postby WestOfTheRest » Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:13 pm

No. You I would apply after you get your score so you have an idea about which schools to apply to. October score release date is still very early in the cycle, no worries there.

Hawkeye Pierce

Postby Hawkeye Pierce » Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:14 pm

CastleRock wrote:No. You I would apply after you get your score so you have an idea about which schools to apply to. October score release date is still very early in the cycle, no worries there.

TITCR. You still have plenty of time to get your apps in before Thanksgiving. You can have all your other materials done by then, easily.

Badgers2012

Postby Badgers2012 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:20 pm

Hawkeye Pierce wrote:
CastleRock wrote:No. You I would apply after you get your score so you have an idea about which schools to apply to. October score release date is still very early in the cycle, no worries there.

TITCR. You still have plenty of time to get your apps in before Thanksgiving. You can have all your other materials done by then, easily.

Would applying before Thanksgiving/right when OCT scores are released have any effect on an ED app to UVA that is classic splitter? I know they like to get their splitters early, but would before Thanksgiving still be plenty early for UVA ED?

sandwiches5000

Postby sandwiches5000 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:31 pm

Hmm. Okay. Thanks. I just was wondering if the three weeks really makes that much of a difference. I'd rather hit my schools with a mid-170 or higher score than an upper 160. But, if applying early with the upper 160 and giving them time to look me over with the pending score is better, then I'll go about that route.

cmckid

Postby cmckid » Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:56 pm

Alternatively, apply early to indicate interest, but tell the schools you'd like to have you application on hold until your next LSAT comes in.

Pocahontas

Postby Pocahontas » Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:10 pm

Hawkeye Pierce wrote:

+1

ahduth

Postby ahduth » Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:09 pm

sandwiches5000 wrote:Hmm. Okay. Thanks. I just was wondering if the three weeks really makes that much of a difference. I'd rather hit my schools with a mid-170 or higher score than an upper 160. But, if applying early with the upper 160 and giving them time to look me over with the pending score is better, then I'll go about that route.

Eh, just have your apps completed, and file them immediately when you get the new score. The October LSAT is still "early," or at least not late.

sandwiches5000

Postby sandwiches5000 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:46 am

Okay, cool. Thanks. I know they say that even a few weeks count so that made me nervous.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”