This might ruin me..

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
panico

This might ruin me..

Postby panico » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:30 pm

Hey guys, so once I am accepted to a law school do I have to send in proof of my degree?

Would it be a big deal if I said I was a double major when applying and didn't graduate with a double major?

NZA

Re: This might ruin me..

Postby NZA » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:30 pm

Presumably they would already know this, since you sent them your transcript when you applied.

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:32 pm

Law schools don't really care about double majoring. Don't worry about it. People change majors all the time

cinephile

Postby cinephile » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:32 pm

Being a double major isn't a boost admissions-wise, so it wouldn't hurt if you dropped a major between now and graduation (assuming this is what you mean).

NZA

Postby NZA » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:33 pm

Where/how did you tell them you're a double major?

loomstate

Postby loomstate » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:36 pm

Tag

panico

Postby panico » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:39 pm

My transcripts don't indicate the DM... my resume and LSAC major selection do.

My main question is that if I applied as a double major but then dropped one after being accepted, would schools even know? Is this a big deal?

panico

Postby panico » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:39 pm

Do I have to send schools proof of degree etc?

bk1

Postby bk1 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:40 pm

They won't care.

NZA

Postby NZA » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:40 pm

panico wrote:My transcripts don't indicate the DM... my resume and LSAC major selection do.

My main question is that if I applied as a double major but then dropped one after being accepted, would schools even know? Is this a big deal?

Oh, in that case, no.

And you send in a certified transcript to show you graduated.

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:42 pm

panico wrote:My transcripts don't indicate the DM... my resume and LSAC major selection do.

I don't think your LSAC major selection even matters. I'm pretty sure it's so they can break down LSAT scores by major.

Postby 20121109 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:45 pm

You have to send schools your final transcript in order to matriculate at a certain school, so unless they go through your transcript for such things (and I think they don't - schools tend to just make sure your GPA did not drop dramatically and you did, in fact, graduate), they won't even know.

Is it a big deal? Absolutely not. Your double-major didn't secure your admission in the first instance. It certainly won't ruin anything now.

This is nothing to stress about.

panico

Postby panico » Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:09 pm

Thank you for the advise everyone. I'll try not to worry so much about taking those few hard science classes this semester for the double major 8)

dkt4

Postby dkt4 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:25 pm

not a problem at all, but you should at least email them and let them know.

bp shinners

Postby bp shinners » Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:31 pm

dkt4 wrote:not a problem at all, but you should at least email them and let them know.

Yeah, I'd shoot them a quick letter or e-mail just to inform them. They won't care, but it's better to be upfront about it.

TTH

Postby TTH » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:38 pm

bp shinners wrote:
dkt4 wrote:not a problem at all, but you should at least email them and let them know.

Yeah, I'd shoot them a quick letter or e-mail just to inform them. They won't care, but it's better to be upfront about it.

and try not to lie when you apply for the bar, if you can manage.

loomstate

Postby loomstate » Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:47 am

TTH wrote:
bp shinners wrote:

Ha

panico

Postby panico » Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:00 am

TTH wrote:

Ah yes, the appeal of the headstrong TLS elite couldn't help but stick it's slimy nose into even this thread. Comments like this make me nostalgic of my restricted I'm-just-gonna-lurk days. If they don't offer the class I need to get a DM in the summer, I won't be able to get it will I? In such a case my law school will receive an email and, if the more-sincere comments in this thread hold true, they won't care. No lying involved whatsoever.

shoeshine

Postby shoeshine » Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:33 am

panico wrote:
TTH wrote:

Ah yes, the appeal of the headstrong TLS elite couldn't help but stick it's slimy nose into even this thread. Comments like this make me nostalgic of my restricted I'm-just-gonna-lurk days. If they don't offer the class I need to get a DM in the summer, I won't be able to get it will I? In such a case my law school will receive an email and, if the more-sincere comments in this thread hold true, they won't care. No lying involved whatsoever.

You mad bro?

By all means, go back to lurking.

ahduth

Postby ahduth » Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:52 am

panico wrote:
TTH wrote:

Ah yes, the appeal of the headstrong TLS elite couldn't help but stick it's its slimy nose into even this thread. Comments like this make me nostalgic of my restricted I'm-just-gonna-lurk days. If they don't offer the class I need to get a DM in the summer, I won't be able to get it, will I? In such a case my law school will receive an email, and, if the more-sincere comments in this thread hold true, they won't care. No lying involved whatsoever.

FTFY. At least I think - I just woke up, and my grammar is pretty shoddy to begin with (part of the reason I think I'll do so well in law school). Also, I don't understand "the appeal of the headstrong TLS elite couldn't help but stick..." Why would the appeal not be able to help but stick? I'm confused.

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:11 pm

ahduth wrote:
panico wrote:
TTH wrote:

Ah yes, the appeal of the headstrong TLS elite couldn't help but stick it's its slimy nose into even this thread. Comments like this make me nostalgic of my restricted I'm-just-gonna-lurk days. If they don't offer the class I need to get a DM in the summer, I won't be able to get it, will I? In such a case my law school will receive an email, and, if the more-sincere comments in this thread hold true, they won't care. No lying involved whatsoever.

FTFY. At least I think - I just woke up, and my grammar is pretty shoddy to begin with (part of the reason I think I'll do so well in law school). Also, I don't understand "the appeal of the headstrong TLS elite couldn't help but stick..." Why would the appeal not be able to help but stick? I'm confused.

"Appeal" should be something more along the lines of "opinion". He also misspelled advice. Not a bad first 6 posts :oops: :roll:

panico

Postby panico » Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:56 am

it's like i swatted the hive.

afitouri

Postby afitouri » Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:51 pm

TTH wrote:
bp shinners wrote:

Useless post. As useless as this one is, except needlessly offensive. Are you short, or do you have a small penis? Because it's one of the two.

Advice for the future: attacking a person's integrity without justification doesn't make you taller and it doesn't make your dick any larger either.

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:55 pm

afitouri wrote:
TTH wrote:
bp shinners wrote:

Useless post. As useless as this one is, except needlessly offensive. Are you short, or do you have a small penis? Because it's one of the two.

Advice for the future: attacking a person's integrity without justification doesn't make you taller and it doesn't make your dick any larger either.

You're a dumbass. If you had been a member of this forum for more than 5 minutes, you would know that TTH's post is perfectly in line with the way that the majority of posters write. Your personal attack was completely unwarranted. STFU

loomstate

Postby loomstate » Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:31 pm

I think afitouri may have a point here. OP was not advocating lying, nor would he be in such a situation where he would be lying if his double major depended on his school offering a particular course in the summer. I actually found the thread helpful.

Should chiming in and attacking someone for no reason be "perfectly in line with the way that the majority of posters write?"

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”