MTal's alternative to law school+recipe for success in life Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
firemed

Silver

Re: MTal's alternative to law school+recipe for success in life

Post by firemed » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:05 am

Hannibal wrote:
flcath wrote:MTal should say where he went to school (aside from just "a TTT"). What do you have to lose?

It only seems fair since this board has been so hospitable to your one-note schtick.
MTal has a two-note schtick. Have you forgotten that any criticism of Israel is inherently antisemitic?
Which is hilarious because he isn't even a Jew.

I also find the fact that a significant minority, if not a slight majority, of the really hardcore zionists here in the US aren't even Jewish somewhat amusing in an uncomfortable kind of way.

firemed

Silver

Post by firemed » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:06 am

Corwin wrote:
firemed wrote:
Corwin wrote: Eh, only 25% of households in the US have a combined income over $75K. And that includes jobs that require advanced degrees or degrees in the sciences, just not "management" job. A management job that lands you in the $70K range is at least the top 25% and could well be the top 10-15% in the US.

Totally off topic, but is your name, by any chance, an Amber reference?
Yeah, some of my favorite books. :)
Sweet!

$1.99

Silver

Post by $1.99 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:14 am

mtal, why do you keep coming to this website? you have nothing to do with top law schools and you never did. go live your life man

Bronte

Gold

Post by Bronte » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:17 am

$1.99 wrote:mtal, why do you keep coming to this website? you have nothing to do with top law schools and you never did. go live your life man
Admittedly for some twisted reason I'm always defending the guy, but for the most part he's doing the public a service with his rampant trolling.

TheFactor

Silver

Post by TheFactor » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:41 am

MTal never sticks around to talk about which school he dropped out of.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

beach_terror

Platinum

Post by beach_terror » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:42 am

TheFactor wrote:MTal never sticks around to talk about which school he dropped out of.
Some random T2 he was median (or below) at.

tyro

Silver

Post by tyro » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:55 am

Bronte wrote:
$1.99 wrote:mtal, why do you keep coming to this website? you have nothing to do with top law schools and you never did. go live your life man
Admittedly for some twisted reason I'm always defending the guy, but for the most part he's doing the public a service with his rampant trolling.
His posts would do more good if they didn't over exaggerate to a ridiculous extent every time.
It seems like your critiques of his extreme proposals are probably closer to the reality.

chicubs88

New

Post by chicubs88 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:27 am

Why is it that in every article/post/rant that is anti-law school the author seems to be under the impression that there is an untapped bevy of well-paying jobs that offer financial security and stability for recent college graduates? Teachers, engineers, government employees, etc...are all suffering to find work. Hell, you can't even fall back on a military career by enlisting because every branch is looking to reduce personnel. Also, if pretending to be enthusiastic about your job and working really, really hard is all it took to attain a management position, i would suspect that about 150 million Americans would be making 80k and be management. Is paying sticker for anything outside of the top tier of schools incredibly risky? YES. Is paying anywhere close to sticker to go to a T3 or T4 as bad as wiping your ass with money and then lighting it on fire? Yes. Are there a bunch of stable career prospects out there for the average college graduate right now that make attending a respected law school at a reasonable price a bad decision? Fuck No.

FeelTheHeat

Platinum

Post by FeelTheHeat » Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:33 am

Posting in the event mtal posts what shithole he dropped out of...

And yes, you're doing it right.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

MTal

Silver

Post by MTal » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:09 pm

chicubs88 wrote: Also, if pretending to be enthusiastic about your job and working really, really hard is all it took to attain a management position, i would suspect that about 150 million Americans would be making 80k and be management.
No, most Americans, tls'ers included, are too dumb to realize this and instead opt for going to law school.

MTal

Silver

Post by MTal » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:11 pm

firemed wrote: Which is hilarious because he isn't even a Jew.
I'm a Jew dude. Of the Russian variety, to be exact.

emciosn

Bronze

Post by emciosn » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:17 pm

haha. I was just looking at the front page and the title to this thread was directly above "which tier four law school should I attend?" classic.

FeelTheHeat

Platinum

Post by FeelTheHeat » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:19 pm

MTal wrote:
chicubs88 wrote: Also, if pretending to be enthusiastic about your job and working really, really hard is all it took to attain a management position, i would suspect that about 150 million Americans would be making 80k and be management.
No, most Americans, tls'ers included, are too dumb to realize this and instead opt for going to law school.
This response to a valid point is likely why you dropped out.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

MTal

Silver

Post by MTal » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:21 pm

FeelTheHeat wrote:Posting in the event mtal posts what shithole he dropped out of...

And yes, you're doing it right.
TT state school with scholarship, which I lost after 1L.

emciosn

Bronze

Post by emciosn » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:26 pm

So you went to a T2 and got bad grades and you think your advice applies to people who go to T1 or T14 schools and get good grades?

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:28 pm

emciosn wrote:So you went to a T2 and got bad grades and you think your advice applies to people who go to T1 or T14 schools and get good grades?
MTal's a giant douche but he isn't wholly wrong. T1's aren't worth insane debt and heck even T14's are incredibly risky at sticker price.

ToTransferOrNot

Gold

Post by ToTransferOrNot » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:28 pm

emciosn wrote:So you went to a T2 and got bad grades and you think your advice applies to people who go to T1 or T14 schools and get good grades?
To be fair, you can't assume you're going to get good grades going in, and he counsels people against going in the first place vs. following his footsteps and dropping out. Frankly, dropping out after losing your scholarship at a T2 is probably the right move.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

ClarDarr

Bronze

Post by ClarDarr » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:30 pm

why is a path to middle management a "recipe for success in life." I would describe that as "a recipe for an average result with a college degree."

emciosn

Bronze

Post by emciosn » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:30 pm

ToTransferOrNot wrote:
To be fair, you can't assume you're going to get good grades going in, and he counsels people against going in the first place vs. following his footsteps and dropping out. Frankly, dropping out after losing your scholarship at a T2 is probably the right move.
Yeah I suppose you're right.

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:31 pm

ClarDarr wrote:why is a path to middle management a "recipe for success in life." I would describe that as "a recipe for an average result with a college degree."
You do realize that most Americans would kill to be as successful as someone in middle management?

ToTransferOrNot

Gold

Post by ToTransferOrNot » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:32 pm

ClarDarr wrote:why is a path to middle management a "recipe for success in life." I would describe that as "a recipe for an average result with a college degree."
lol at the lack of perspective.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

FeelTheHeat

Platinum

Post by FeelTheHeat » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:32 pm

bk187 wrote:
MTal's a giant douche but he isn't wholly wrong. T1's aren't worth insane debt and heck even T14's are incredibly risky at sticker price.
Yup. The total douchiness of the messenger gets in the way of the message, which isn't a bad one.

bjsesq

Diamond

Post by bjsesq » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:34 pm

FeelTheHeat wrote:
bk187 wrote:
Yup. The total douchiness of the messenger gets in the way of the message, which isn't a bad one.
This seems to be the conclusion everyone comes to when people finally settle down and start acting rationally.

robotclubmember

Silver

Post by robotclubmember » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:55 pm

I lol'd.

ClarDarr

Bronze

Post by ClarDarr » Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:02 pm

bk187 wrote:
You do realize that most Americans would kill to be as successful as someone in middle management?
Get back to me when the perspective on TLS at all mirrors that of most Americans.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”