Transcripts from High School credits/Study Abroad??

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
clarawater

Transcripts from High School credits/Study Abroad??

Postby clarawater » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:32 pm

So I was just wondering if transcripts need to be send to LSAC with courses I got credit for in high school through a college. To explain more clearly: I took several courses in high school, but paid a small fee to gain college credit from a local community college and a state school that offered it. When I went to my current undergraduate institution I transferred in those credits, and they have a "T" designation on my transcript (i.e. transfer credit) and there is no accompanying grade factored into my undergraduate GPA..

My question is, do I need to request transcripts from those community colleges/state schools where I received some credits during high school? And will those then be factored into my LSAC GPA?

Same thing with Study Abroad credit... on my undergraduate transcript it is just transfer credit with no grades being factored into my GPA.

Thank you in advance!

annyong

Re: Transcripts from High School credits/Study Abroad??

Postby annyong » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:45 am

LSAC:

Transcripts to include:

community colleges
bachelor's and graduate institutions
law/medical/professional institutions
institutions attended for summer or evening courses
institutions attended even though a degree was never received
institutions from which you took college-level courses while in high school even though they were for high school credit
institutions that clearly sponsored your overseas study. Clear sponsorship means:
the courses received the sponsoring institution's academic credit (not transfer credit);
the course codes, titles, credits earned, and grades appear on the sponsoring institution's transcript. Typically, these grades and credits are included in the sponsoring institution's cumulative GPA. The courses are often administered and taught by the sponsoring institution's faculty at an overseas institution.
International Transcripts if applicable

As for study abroad, I think it's only applicable if you studied for more than one year.

cinefile 17

Postby cinefile 17 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:33 am

I think you will have to.

clarawater

Postby clarawater » Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:15 pm

Thanks! So then not for semester long study abroad? I'm kind of glad if that's the case, since the "grade equivalent" in the US is much lower than I would have expected, and much lower then the rest of my grades :P

cinephile

Postby cinephile » Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:59 pm

clarawater wrote:So then not for semester long study abroad?

No, not if it's a foreign institution. Yes if it's an American institution with an overseas campus.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”